Trailer Wiring Whoa's - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Trucks, Trailers, Towing, and Hauling Discussions Trucks, trailers, towing, and hauling discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Trailer Wiring Whoa's

I have a 06 Silverado and just recentley purchased a flat bed trailer to haul the Artic Cat..

I have the 4 wire hook up and it has the brown wire that is for the running lights.. Well, it isnt hot when I turn on the head lights of the truck and it should be..

I have looked for a fuse for the running lights for the trailer and have not found any yet ,,except maybe one that goes to the stop light on the rear of the cab ..far as I know it's not a running light,,only a stop light ,..

The fuse panel has fuses for the left and right stop lights and turn signals and them fuses are good.

Was hoping some one has a Silverado of about the same year and knows what I need to fix my problem..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Jounior Member

under the hood mine has seperate fuse for trailor lights.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Jounior Member

yup under the hood do you have an owner manual.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. potato head View Post
under the hood mine has seperate fuse for trailor lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yote killer View Post
yup under the hood do you have an owner manual.

thx guys ..I do have a manual and will check it out tomorrow..I looked before earlier today and thought I seen a fuse for running lights for trailer but thought it was the same fuse box to the left of the steering wheel .. must be more than one ?

I will let you know what I find out.. thx again gp
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Jounior Member

I think the fuses you need for the trailer harness are in the box under the hood on the left inner fender. Also some of them never got pluged in at the factory and then they are taped to something else close to where the steering column comes out of the firewall. I hope this helps.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla67 View Post
I think the fuses you need for the trailer harness are in the box under the hood on the left inner fender. Also some of them never got pluged in at the factory and then they are taped to something else close to where the steering column comes out of the firewall. I hope this helps.

I just got through looking at my manual and no trailer fuses are under my hood ..It does show one that has to do with trailer brakes under the steering wheel and on the firewall (havnt looked yet for it,,tomorrrow I will).

the other fuses are in a panel at the edge of the dash next to the drivers door and it does have fuses for ,,,

right turn/stop trailer
left turn /stop trailer

and one other named ,,vehicle and trailer high mounted stoplamp"

But none say running lights which one needs at night to be seen in the dark?? they just don't make it easy do they?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Jounior Member

since i'm board out of my mind and have reached the end of the internet i went outside with a flashlight, and underhood box calls it trl park, i think it was a 15amp, next to it was rr park and lr park. standing at side of the truck looking over the fender it was in the upper left area of the box.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
since i'm board out of my mind and have reached the end of the internet i went outside with a flashlight, and underhood box calls it trl park, i think it was a 15amp, next to it was rr park and lr park. standing at side of the truck looking over the fender it was in the upper left area of the box.
Now you got me second guessing,,but my first thought is,,do you have a truck like mine ,a Chevy about the same year?

I hope you are right as it would sure help me solve this problem,,tomorrow I will chech it out .. LOL
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Loyal Member

This is the right answer. The trailer park lamps are your trailer running lights circuit.
Quote:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

So glad you got bored my friend,,I found it just where you said it would be.. what thru me was the trailer blinkers and brake light fuses is just left of the steering wheel in that fuse panel.. It all works now ,,will have to see if the fuses blow again like the way I found them durring this hook up..hope I crossed some wires and blew them rather than a short somewhere in the wires ..

anyway thx and have a great day gp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement