a bunch of good friends - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Trucks, Trailers, Towing, and Hauling Discussions Trucks, trailers, towing, and hauling discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

a bunch of good friends

went together and built in Southern BC Canada and delivered to N. Idaho a trailer for me as a gift. we had a big BBQ at my place and while it was going on they pulled into the drive and was pulling the trailer , a complete surprise to me [all of them from the Diesel Board I'm a active member of] .. they had a locked thread I could not see it and went behind my back and planned and set it up.

could have pushed me over with a feather and that would be a feat as I'm 6'7" 320 lbs LOL.

trailer is set up for multi use as you can see by the 3500 lb. dual axles, and stake pockets .. the floor is very heavy expanded mesh so the dirt n mud can drop out
it 12'x 8'6" with room at the front for a gear box.it has plenty of ground clearance to get it over bad roads and unimproved areas for those times when after a broke rig or out after wood ect. ect.

they even sent down a spare tire and very heavy duty ratchet strap tie downs with the chain ends on one end and a neat HD step that removes and drops into the stake pocket
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Becca's welcome party trailer.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	2997  

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

Last edited by GTroyer; 07-02-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Rides all the time

Nice trailer. What a great group of friends.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Loyal Member

Very nice, You Have great friends like I Have

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

yes I have a whole "family" of like minded folks in the diesel world who are into performance diesel .. my old rig is around 570 horse power at the tires. been there for many many years now so it's really OLD SCHOOL technology now lol
That site is called northwest bombers.com [as in better off modified baby]
it's much like this site where everyone pitches in knowledge / ideas and help/labor to help a guy out, or pass on knowledge that we gain along the way of a better way to fix or modify to a better product or experience .. where friendships develop via the net that are as strong as any. How many guys have friends in Canada/USA that will build and deliver several thousand [on edit .. several hundreds ] miles away just cause it's a fun thing to do. I am blessed for sure.

I have a gooseneck trailer that I used to haul to sled pulls empty just to haul the broken rigs home , they might have been a couple states away , oh well let's do it. LOL .. still use it to help stranded rigs n friends in the northwest some of which I have never met personally only on the net.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

Last edited by GTroyer; 07-03-2012 at 08:25 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Loyal Member

That is great to hear.

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 11:42 AM

You are quite a guy ,,do you know that? LOL Really nice trailer my friend and I know you don't feel like you deserved it as as thats the way a guy like you are,,but I am going to copy and paste this again ,,well ,,I just like reading it.. not many guys would do this ,,but you do.. thx for being who you are..

(quote GTroyer)
I have a gooseneck trailer that I used to haul to sled pulls empty just to haul the broken rigs home , they might have been a couple states away , oh well let's do it. LOL .. still use it to help stranded rigs n friends in the northwest some of which I have never met personally only on the net.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Founding Member

Wow Gary that's a really nice trailer. Thank you for sharing this with us. You have some really great friends.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement