Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Monster Energy Kawasaki Super Nessy

9K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  cat n hat 
#1 ·
I have been waiting for a long time to get a chance to give you guy’s some Spy Photos.

To Be Continued...

See less See more
#8 ·
well that clutch setup is a race clutch made by STM (supreme tool and machine) and costs a whopping $2300 for the primary and secondary. and that fancy aluminum housing and transfer case adapter is definitely a one-off. the clutches are obviously not gonna be a factory setup, and seeing as how they built the aluminum housing and transfer case assembly at different angles like that it would be safe to say they are using a non-factory engine as well. i could easily be wrong but my guess is this is gonna be a nascar type buggy, all hand built, all race parts, and have a sticker stuck on it sayin its a factory styled car. i think its kinda funny to see the nascars with their hand built sheetmetal body with sticker headlights and "camry" or "lumina" pasted on it likes its a factory styled car hahaha

#9 ·
oh and BTW dragonfireracing, if that buggy is for the baja you got alot of work to do in a weeks time pal. thats why i think the transfer case is there, to overdrive the final gear ratio so they can get more top speed. only way to win baja is to go faster than the other guys, and the factory 50mph top speed of a teryx just aint gonna cut it

#14 ·
I think you are very correct, but Todd Romano at DFR is selling machines like this to the Arabs in Kuwait and UAE now I believe. They opened a DFR over there and that is where the money is now. So I imagine these machines are going there to some rich oil shiek's garage for his kids to play in the sand dunes. This car won't pass tech for BITD races in anything other than the Sportsman class. In SCORE, it'll be okay, but then it's running with all the big dollar machines. Kind of like Robby Gordon running his $400,000 Trophy Truck against Pistol Pete's rig. Even though Rubby wins a lot, there are by far more fans rooting for Pistola any day....

But I will say, it's cool to see what DFR is doing and perhaps pick up some ideas that might work on our machines.

#15 ·
Darryl when I heard what they are thinking this will cost in kit form I about craped myself. You’re not going to have to be royalty to get one and you can put any motor you want into this set up. Trust me man, I'm pay check to pay check and this will still be on my wish list. I'll be able to give you guy's the true low down as soon as Baja comes around. I bet you will be surprised on the bang for your buck factor. Plus we are going to test the hell out of this thing before we sell it HaHa. This Baja will be yet another stride to break the mold from Dragonfire and I think once this thing is revealed it will change the sport of UTV. This car will pass most any competition you can find in the USA as well as Dakar.

#16 ·
Yeah, but BITD requires stock engine and transmission in the PRO class (but would be legal in the Sportsman class). But it does look nice. How will you get past the BITD rule of using a manufacturer's main chassis rails with stock mounting points for A-Arms. Or will this be built on different manufacturer's chassis'?
It is an intriguing and nice looking setup. I have no doubt it'll do great in the SCORE races though.
When you talk cost, the Nessy 1 costs over $29000, I hate to think what this one will cost.
I like Todd and his shop, you all build some really nice machines, but when are you going to build something on the AC chassis and engine. That V-twin has a heck of a lot of potential, especially when compared to the Kawi.

#17 ·
Okay, just read the thread over at UTVUG and this clarifies it... congratulations to DFR on making FIA homoligation.
I just might have to park one of these in my garage...sweet ride...can't wait to see what motor you all are running in it.

1300 lbs no spares.
these Nessies are now, SCORE, BITD and FIA legal. We went through FIA homoligation so the vehicle can race in the SCORE class in DAKAR. They are already racing in Morraco in and FIA sanciton Series.
The motor you put in it, dictates the class you run in.
We have a DFR MSO for Title and Registration. We are considered a SXS manufacture.
We are testing this vehicle and our new AWD clutch and transmission in teh 500 and 1000, and then off to DAKAR
This car will do over 115 MPH, and Meets all the FIA Score Requirements for the SCORE Class in DAKAR.
The transmission below in the pictures was designed in house. and allows any vehicle to maintain 4wd with any no CVT motor

#20 ·
So was I right on the fluid drive on the front axle? I know quite a bit of equipment is using fluid drives with great success. I like how you have the alternator built into it, solves one problem right away.

#24 ·
Maybe AC should just buy these chassis and put the 1000 in it for there sport model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.