Team Arctic here I come... - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
UTV Desert Racing Discussions pertaining to UTV desert racing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Team Arctic here I come...

Just got the call today, picked up Arctic Cat as a sponsor...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 03:22 PM

Way to go Darryl !!!! congrats ! are they gonna let you run your car ?

tell them you need a few race programed ECMs before KOH ! one for you and one for spare , just in case my car has a ECM failure out there ! !

J/K i know those are top secret !
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Loyal Member

Congrat's ...

maybe you can get the engineers to listen now and pass on the issues as we the consumer see them aka shortcuts

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Yeah, I'll get the goodies now. But AC still owns them, I bet they keep real close track of them.

It will be nice to have the ears of the engineers. They are going to be working on a few things for my car soon. Like in the next week.

Yes, I'm running my car. Got the CBR Radiator installed this weekend, front firewalls are in, airbox is built and mostly mounted. Picking up the rest of the parts tomorrow. Will have the rear firewall in this week, doorskins and roof mounted this weekend. AC will be helping with some of the fuel injection situations I've run into, but I'm sure pushing to have it ready for KOH.

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Loyal Member

Halon On Board fire control in the overall plan [I hope] ?? with your hard work n investment would be highly advised

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Loyal Member

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 08:54 PM

Congrats Darryl,

As being part of the Bi-Polar Team I can tell you that the engineers are great to work with... would love to tell some stories.......
But like they say, What happens in the desert stays in the desert....
If you need help at the races let me know...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Loyal Member

Congrats and good luck to you and the Team.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Thanks, I'm pretty stoked. I guess now the hard work really begins, gotta make a good showing for AC.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about working with the engineers, I've talked with Craig K at AC before and he seems pretty cool, I could tell he has a lot of ideas and knowledge about the 951 motor...

Right now I'm running ITP tires, but unless they come up with either a good contingency plan or help me out with tires, I may be shopping for others. I really like ITP BajaCross', but racing will eat up tires and I need a decent backer.

Need to pick up a GPS and some other goodies before Silver State 300 in April. I'm talking with different people about getting some exposure on this car...
Most of all, I need to make a good showing for you all, you guys have been a big support in this project and are the real reason all this happens...AC supports racing, racing sells UTVs... I'm just the middle man now in that scheme of things...

TEAM PROWLER NATION...

Last edited by Darryl89; 01-24-2011 at 10:30 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl89 View Post
Thanks, I'm pretty stoked. I guess now the hard work really begins, gotta make a good showing for AC.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about working with the engineers, I've talked with Craig K at AC before and he seems pretty cool, I could tell he has a lot of ideas and knowledge about the 951 motor...

Right now I'm running ITP tires, but unless they come up with either a good contingency plan or help me out with tires, I may be shopping for others. I really like ITP BajaCross', but racing will eat up tires and I need a decent backer.

Need to pick up a GPS and some other goodies before Silver State 300 in April. I'm talking with different people about getting some exposure on this car...
Most of all, I need to make a good showing for you all, you guys have been a big support in this project and are the real reason all this happens...AC supports racing, racing sells UTVs... I'm just the middle man now in that scheme of things...
I could help you out with the Lowrance unit that I am selling. I can't give it to you but I could make a very reasonable deal for you. Let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement