Vegas To Reno Race - HELP!!! - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
UTV Desert Racing Discussions pertaining to UTV desert racing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Vegas To Reno Race - HELP!!!

Okay guys and gals, I'm running out of time and still don't have my logistics together for the V2R Race in August.
I'm looking for pit and chase crews that can help run ahead of the race cars and setup pits (15 pits in all, can be done with 2 crews and 1 chase).

I may have a couple spots open for drivers and navigators also. This will be an estimated 550 mile race that will start on a Friday and end on Saturday, approx. 16-20 hours later, unless there are problems that slow the car down.

The course starts in Beatty, NV and runs back and forth, along the hiway to Carson NV, passing Walker Lake and Hawthorne NV. The course is filled with high speed sections, not as rough as some courses.

Anyone interested. There's no pay, just glory and tons of fun.

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...

Last edited by Darryl89; 06-03-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

May even be time to have a Prowlertalk get together....

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Loyal Member

Darryl

What days in August?

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
Darryl

What days in August?
We would have to be in Vegas on August 18th for registration, contingency and tech.
The race is the next day August 19th and runs till Saturday the 20th. Awards ceremony is that night I believe.
We would have to have names of all drivers and co-drivers by July 25th, to be turned in with the entry form on the 27th.

After the awards on Saturday night, big party....

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 PM

hmmmmmm right now my august is open .........Darryl i just my be able to be there for ya buddy . me and my lil bro talked about running in it this year but he wont have enough time not to finish his car and get out there . hes working in South Korea till at least July . keep me in the loop and pencil me in .
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Founding Member

It sounds like you need some major PROWLER NATION support Darryl. Come on guys we need show our Prowler family love and lend some hands. Darryl is doing this for use and we need to support him and his team.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Rides all the time

Road Trip.....
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soazcat View Post
hmmmmmm right now my august is open .........Darryl i just my be able to be there for ya buddy . me and my lil bro talked about running in it this year but he wont have enough time not to finish his car and get out there . hes working in South Korea till at least July . keep me in the loop and pencil me in .
I'll keep you posted. I'd be glad to have you and your bro if he wants, be part of this. You've been involved in off-road comp before right? I may see if you want to drive a section. I'll actually need 2 drivers besides myself, but may have another already setup. I'll need some co-dawgs/nav guys (3). There are 15 pits, of which we will utilize 5 for fuel (the others will be repair or emergency pits), which means probably can be pit crewed with 1 or 2 vehicles carrying fuel/tires/spare parts and tools. One crew would be utillized as a primary pit crew and the other would be a "chase/flying crew" that would respond as needed to relay parts or assistance.

The main pit crew would use my Duramax, so that takes care of one vehicle. So we'll need someone that has a vehicle that can run back and forth, carrying parts to other pits. Chase crews won't be allowed on the course, so parts will have to be taken to the pit before and given to another racer to carry thru to the car.

It should be fun, we'll have enough time after the race to have a good party/bbq and get-together for ProwlerNation...

Seth, do you have any flags or signs that could be used at contingency. If we can come up with decals, we can run as "Team Prowler Nation" Or Team ProwlerTalk.Net.
The car number for BITD is 1921.

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 12:47 PM

Sounds awesome..always wanted to do something like that..no experience, cept haulin arse in the desert...but if you want looney, todd's your man...haha, he'll go fast and not care about breakin things!!! whoot flyin121!

Prowler 1k - "El Diablo Del Gato"
dude..it rocks...
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
Sounds awesome..always wanted to do something like that..no experience, cept haulin arse in the desert...but if you want looney, todd's your man...haha, he'll go fast and not care about breakin things!!! whoot flyin121!
Sometimes that is what it takes to win, but this race is more a race of logistics. Getting spare parts to the car when it breaks is extremely important. Sometimes, having your fastest drivers on the hiway, hauling parts, is what wins the race. A couple years ago or so, Bipolar Racing lost first place by like 15 minutes I think it was, because they were broken down (fuel system problems). I don't know if parts would've helped them, but maybe.
Troy, are you out there, you have experience running chase for BP Racing on this course.
The car is running an oversize CBR Radiator/Oil Cooler with a Spal fan, so it should keep the engine cool enough. The fuel system is plumbed to minimize vapor locks or any delivery problem hopefully. So as long as we don't have internal engine problems, diff or axle problems, we should be good. The belt is an EPI Severe Duty Kevlar Belt. The cooling for the belt drive system is pressurized via hood scoop.
The course has lots of high speed fireroads and isn't near as rough as some other courses. So breakage shouldn't be as bad....

Todd, are you going to be available during this timeframe? I can probably get another pilot (private jet and stunt), to ride with you...LOL. That way you feel at home...

Seth, you care to get on board?

Remember, we have to make a good showing with Arctic Cat, everyone will be watching this car and race to see what happens. Side betting is pitting us against Jagged X's super built RZR-XP900 (and it's damn fast), Parks Racing RZR (converted 4 that won the SS300) and Mike Lasher's built to the hilt Teryx. Can Am has a couple entries also.... Hey, we are even racing against 2 John Deere Gator XUVs.

Guys, we've got a good chance, lets go kick some butt....

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement