Who's going to KOH - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
UTV Desert Racing Discussions pertaining to UTV desert racing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Who's going to KOH

So who is going to King Of The Hammers in 2 weeks?

I'll be out there (my Hammertown address is 337 Genright, but may be camping outside at the UTV Underground Camp), racing the UTV race on Thursday. Car number 129. Todd Stephensen will out there with a Wildcat, number 1944. He's running the Production 1000 class and I'm running the Unlimited 4 class.

I've managed to get some testing done, found a few weak links and got them pretty much fixed. Anyone got outer CV cages (just the cage is all I need), I'll gladly take them off your hands. I've been eating cages like cereal. Installed limiting straps and remounted the rear diff so that should fix the breakage problem, but need cages as spares just in case. The car is a brute, when I took it out last time, I was taking it easy, or so I thought and 3 RZRs (1 was an XP, 1 was a turbo RZR-S) had a hard time keeping up with me. Outran the turbo RZR down a sandwash too. So I'm pretty confident in the power, the handling is great, a bit soft, but hitting 18inch cross ruts didn't even phase the car, jumps were smooth and soft. I'm taking it to King Shocks' tent at KOH to have a little tuning done though on the nitrogen charge and springs.

It's going to be an exciting race with almost 40 UTVs entered. Race starts at 8am California time.

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...

Last edited by Darryl89; 01-23-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:46 PM

Darryl

Best of luck to you my friend and Todd , i wish i could be there but life happens .... i be watching on the PBB ! ill see you in my mirrors for 2013!

matt
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 06:53 PM

Good Luck !!!

623-934-3070
Please understand we support many forums and cant keep up with Private messages or questions on the forum boards so
If you have a question Please Call the Retail Shop 623-934-3070

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Good Luck !!!
Thank you Johnny...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 11:15 AM
ProwlerTalk.net Site Sponsor

I wish I was. Falken tire is competing for the first time this year and it would be fun to watch them.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Loyal Member

Darryl good luck! Get the Turner axles and your cv troubles will be behind you.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
Darryl good luck! Get the Turner axles and your cv troubles will be behind you.
Did they get them figured out? I think I will, the Summers Bros Axles are great, but using the stock CVs creates one heck of a weak link.

I think I would honestly have a chance at winning KOH this year if I don't break a CV, that's my biggest worry... well, that and running out of beer out there...

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Founding Member

Best of luck Darryl, give those boys a taste of the Prowler NATION for us.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 11:58 AM

looks awesum darryl, glad to see it all come together. good luck in the first real run on your machine!! could you or someone in the know post up the link for the race so i can tune in? thanks!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by team arctic View Post
looks awesum darryl, glad to see it all come together. good luck in the first real run on your machine!! could you or someone in the know post up the link for the race so i can tune in? thanks!
There will be a live chatboard with updates on Pirate4X4.com (http://www.pirate4x4.com/king-of-the...2012/index.php ). It also has links to live tracking there.

Or you can go to Welcome to IRC - International Racing Consultants
and track the race. My number for KOH is 129. We leave the start line at 8am Pacific Time. I'm running in Unlimited 4, so should be one of the early ones to leave the gate. Hope that IRC has the numbers for everyone, my buddy ran the Every Man's Challenge Jeep Race today and they didn't show him on IRC all day, but he finished 6th.

Having him race today, and co-dawging for me Thursday, gives me a slight advantage, he knows the good lines already and any obstacles. (We are running the same course he ran today).

I won't have internet or cell coverage most of the time there, so hopefully, someone here can track and let everyone know where we placed...

Car is ready. We ran a few short course test laps, nothing seemed to be giving any problems, but as mentioned before, I worry about the stock CVs. So I'm going to be driving conservative to hopefully make them survive...

See you all in the winners circle

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement