koh - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
UTV Desert Racing Discussions pertaining to UTV desert racing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

koh

what happened to our buddy darryl in the big race,updates please!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by team arctic View Post
what happened to our buddy darryl in the big race,updates please!!
Broke, broke and broke....
Broke a CV during pre-running, fixed it. Then nailed a big rock going over the top of a hill, breaking another CV and axle... broken CVs and axles was common out there, as was entire wheels and a-arms being ripped off..
Officially, ended up in 29th out of 40. Some didn't even make it 400 yards into the course...
But it was a blast. Todd Stephensen finished 2nd overall and 1st in Production 1000 with his D&P built Wildcat...way to go Todd...

Time for some super duty CVs...

1 of 2 Can Ams...both looked like this before the week was over..

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl89 View Post
Broke, broke and broke....
Broke a CV during pre-running, fixed it. Then nailed a big rock going over the top of a hill, breaking another CV and axle... broken CVs and axles was common out there, as was entire wheels and a-arms being ripped off..
Officially, ended up in 29th out of 40. Some didn't even make it 400 yards into the course...
But it was a blast. Todd Stephensen finished 2nd overall and 1st in Production 1000 with his D&P built Wildcat...way to go Todd...

Time for some super duty CVs...

1 of 2 Can Ams...both looked like this before the week was over..

[

IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm91/DarrylD89/IMG_0398.jpg[/IMG]

Darryl

Glad you finally got out there and gave it a go. It takes so much time energy and money to make it all work. Please get in touch with Turner Axles and speak to Cassidy the owners daughter and let them set you up with axles. Talk to the owner and let him know what you are doing out there and maybe they can help you on the price. You may have to pay a bit upfront but I can assure you it would have cost less then all the time and effort you put into going to the KOH race. Not to mention the cost of the spare parts you are going to go through. Thanks again for representing AC and the Prowler will bring it one of these days. Don't give up. Stay in the fight!

Regards,

Todd

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
Darryl

Glad you finally got out there and gave it a go. It takes so much time energy and money to make it all work. Please get in touch with Turner Axles and speak to Cassidy the owners daughter and let them set you up with axles. Talk to the owner and let him know what you are doing out there and maybe they can help you on the price. You may have to pay a bit upfront but I can assure you it would have cost less then all the time and effort you put into going to the KOH race. Not to mention the cost of the spare parts you are going to go through. Thanks again for representing AC and the Prowler will bring it one of these days. Don't give up. Stay in the fight!

Regards,

Todd

Thanks Todd, I plan on getting hold of Turner. If I had good CVs, I think I would've been a top 5er perhaps. The rest of the car was top notch. I had to take it easy throughout what I did run though after breaking that one axle and CV (broke it in the first mile, Casey Currie knocked a rock the size of a camping cooler off the side wall right in front of me and I went right over it with the car, heard it hit and felt the axle let go right away.

But yes, I'll keep charging with it... we learned several things about the car this week though. Still glad to have been a part of it... awesome experience...

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

sorry about your misfortune. sounds like you had a hell of a time. after all thats why we do this stuff right? keep up the awesum job!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Rides all the time

Darryl

Don't know what to say but keep at it.
You are fortunate enough to do the things I can only dream about.

Best of luck and when is your next race?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddler28 View Post
Darryl

Don't know what to say but keep at it.
You are fortunate enough to do the things I can only dream about.

Best of luck and when is your next race?
Thanks, racing is just the end test of modifications and such, then we break it, fix it, race it and then break it again...all part of the process.

Next race that I'm going to make is in April, the Dirt Riot Mountain Series in Moab, Utah. After that, the Cinco de Baja 150 in Albuquerque, NM. Then more Dirt Riot in June (Colorado Springs) and July (Cortez, CO). Then the biggie, Vegas To Reno in August if the car is doing better...

Thanks again. I don't consider breaking a failure, I consider it a learning and testing process for the car...eventually, it'll be in the winners circle.

TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Founding Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement