now as to gear
1. winch of course [as large as you can buy/fit in you space]
2. I have a small winch mounted on a plug in stinger for the rear also [a bit over kill but handy as all heck when in a steep hill and in a pickle where you have to turn it around and need something as a dead man or holding devise , also can drag you rear around] suggest if your a trail only rider that this would be an un-needed item , but forests can be tricky sometimes.
3. several lengths or extra coils of winch rope with eyes mounted on them for adding length to the winch. suggest a couple 10' and a 25' , and a snatch block is a must have also
4. a long and short towing strap [can be also used for winch rope adding length] at least 2" width ones.
5. an good assortment of clevises for attaching all the different ropes / helper tools
6. a good folding shovel , I also carry a 40" rigid D handle shovel incase I need to seriously dig out or for camping use. [latrine holes etc.]
7. a good plug kit is a must , don't waste you $$ on the cheep ones they aren't worth it.
8. some dry fire starter sealed in a vacuums sealed bag along with matches / butane lighter
9. emergency blankets [a couple]
10. first aid kit again not the cheep one
11. I also carry 2ea NATO type fuel cans [10 liter ones =2.5 gallons each] METAL ones they do not leak and can take heavy abuse.
12. a good break down bow saw .
13. a good Ax [I like the medium length handle Gerber .. enough handle length for a nice swing and allows good progress when in use.]
14. a collapsible water container [I also have a collapsible dog dish for watering Jake when he is with me
15. a chain saw with either me or my ride buddy , with mixed fuel and chain lube EVERTY OUTING .. learned that lesson to many times to ignore now LOL BTW the bow saw is to get the chain saw un-pinched when cutting in the damned awkward spots
16. a good LED flashlight
17. I have a 1ea. plastic wheel chock = no weight but handy as heck when riding with others many with bad brakes or non functioning emergency .
18. some form of air pump .. I carry a slime compact pump , works great and have used it many times so it's reasonable quality for a 6"x6"x 3" pouch.
19. 1ea reasonable length of rope .. many uses including emergency shelter building ... maybe not needed for the short rides but many of my rides are 80 to 100 miles +++ I have never carried ParaCord but that might be a good alternative one.
20. a roll of TP
21. Jumper Cables
I'll leave this open so I can come back and add other things as I remember what's in my "ditty box" .. it's covered up right now so don't want to get my fat azz up and go look LOL
so add your "box" items