Parking brake audible warning device - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Want Ads Want or need something specific, post your want ads in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Parking brake audible warning device

Can someone make me a plug-in parking brake warning device that makes noise and uses an OEM type weatherproof connector?

On my XTZ, it looks like there is a weatherproof connector adjacent to the warning light switch (probably goes to the dash light) that could be used for a plug-in warning device (I don't want to splice into any wire, nor alter the original harness in any way). I would much rather have noise than a light. It does not need to be loud, just able to be heard over an idling motor.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD CJ7 View Post
Can someone make me a plug-in parking brake warning device that makes noise and uses an OEM type weatherproof connector?

On my XTZ, it looks like there is a weatherproof connector adjacent to the warning light switch (probably goes to the dash light) that could be used for a plug-in warning device (I don't want to splice into any wire, nor alter the original harness in any way). I would much rather have noise than a light. It does not need to be loud, just able to be heard over an idling motor.
My fab guy was going to do this on my XTZ but I have not heard if they got around to it yet. When I have any info i will let you know. In the mean time I believe you can adjust when the light comes on somehow. Johnny or anyone out there done this?

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

I'll look forward to hearing if your fab guy (or anyone else) can produce these. The activation switch looks fairly rigidly mounted, but I am sure that I can 'adjust' it to come on at the first click.

My problem is the sunlight. I was sitting in the driver's seat yesterday, installing an overhead CB, and noticed that I could not tell whether the warning light was on or not. It happened to be on as I had the ignition 'on', but the warning light was virtually un-noticable. If I can't see it in my driveway, with no distractions, I am sure to miss it in the field.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 07:46 AM

I ordered 20 sirens beepers what ever they are called and I will be making a kit .... after looking at mine I would say everybody sould adjust a little slack into the Parking brake cable I would expect the kit to be done in a week or to when everything shows up

623-934-3070
Please understand we support many forums and cant keep up with Private messages or questions on the forum boards so
If you have a question Please Call the Retail Shop 623-934-3070
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Loyal Member

What ever you guys come up with it should be activated off of the arm that comes off the caliper for the parking brake.I mean at the caliper off the drive line.Not at the handle like AC does it.That way it does not matter what is going on but at the arm that puts pressure on the pads.But I am sure you have already thought of that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I ordered 20 sirens beepers what ever they are called and I will be making a kit .... after looking at mine I would say everybody sould adjust a little slack into the Parking brake cable I would expect the kit to be done in a week or to when everything shows up

Great! I'll take one, as soon as they are ready.

Terry
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 12:41 PM

we looked at the rear arm and didnt see a way to do it there ....Im thinking people need to adjust the cable out a turn or two to add alittle extra slack in the cable ... we here at the shop have backed one or two out of the shop with the brake on because we never noticed the light ... I think alot of others have done the same so the kit we will be making will be a audible alarm for when the light is on .......

623-934-3070
Please understand we support many forums and cant keep up with Private messages or questions on the forum boards so
If you have a question Please Call the Retail Shop 623-934-3070
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Jounior Member

why not just wire a golf cart reverse buzzer before the light and call it good? those are loud and cheap.. so when the light would come on it would sound the buzzer..just loosen the brake like johnny recommends.. I dont think any type of switch would stand up to the elements that the ebrake area is exposed to.. here is a link to the buzzers i am talkin about Yamaha Golf Cart Reverse Warning Buzzer G19,G22 N6856 - eBay (item 250323623344 end time Oct-06-09 21:25:08 PDT)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Loyal Member

Sure what ever you guys think.Problem is these things do not need that much pressure to make a problem.One click is enough.So if you can get that much out of them and them still be effective cool.They do make sealed micro switches that hold up just fine.Used them for years on NO2 systems.
Left my parking brake partialy engaged too many times on my older prowler.Went through 2 rotors and caliper melt downs before I put a park lock on it.With the park lock on it you definatly know the parking brake is on.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Loyal Member

Oh ya and you can put a brake light switch on a park lock.A pressure activated one with a nice brite led in your face.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement