Video of the new closure fence in Glamis - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Western Region The Western Region includes the following States:

Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Member

Video of the new closure fence in Glamis

http://www.glamisweather.com/gpwr2.wmv

This is the best info I could find at this time. I got this info from www.Glamisweather.com and Glamisdunes.com

The road is going to be closed 100%. They were installing the post in the washes that were left out. He said they had left them out as long as possible but the rail line has instructed them to close them now. All of this due to the 3 kids killed last year. He said the families are suing the rail line for 37.5 million. So the rail company has no choice other than to close down the road to prevent any future accidents. He said the fence will carry down approx. 8 miles. I asked him if a new road was going to be installed, he said no unless someone from BLM or one of the Glamis organizations does one.

OK the BLM contact, basically said the BLM has no control over the fencing, the rail road is closing the road due to problems that have happened the three kids that got hit by the train. Basically he said there is nothing the BLM can do at this point, but they will be required to enforce the closure. Hopefully a new road can be graded next to the fence eventually. I would imagine with the budget shortfalls that might take some time? Not what I wanted to hear!

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Loyal Member

Really pisses me off how other peoples actions can affect so many people.And i am not talking about the RR.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Founding Member

I heard NOT DUE TO THE KIDS GETTING HIT!

The families have gone on another site and stated that they are not sueing anyone.

Also Union Pacifice put out a memo that they had plans to add another track to this area back in 2005. The BLM has known about this since then and has done nothing to get ready!?! No plans for a new wash road! Maybe they just figure the campers will deal with getting to their camps through the washes.

2006 Red Prowler

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Member

You are correct. I checked out the fence on on Sunday, i rode my two wheeler out there and got a look at it.

The kids parents are not sueing. This has nothing to do with the accidents this year. the kids parents are not sueing! Sad that is how the story started out, I am guilty sorry for wrong information.

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM

Wash road Fence

I have always camped at wash 13 but the last trip we camped at three so we didn't have to fight the fence. It is not that bad on not that big weekends. You can get to wash 6 without going on the wash road. I cruised down to 20 something and they were all packed anyway. The rangers were keeping all non street legal vehicles off wash road and it reall kept the dust down.
DON~~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement