Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I will run into problems if I disconnect the airfilter inlet from the Air-In/Out Plenum, then turn the airduct boot facing up, adding a small snorkle with a filter? Would this mess up the airflow for the airflow in and airflow out ducts on the Plenum?
The dust is killing me. I need to clean my filter after every ride. Our trails and fire roads contain real fine dust that gets into everything.
The location of the air inlet Plenum is beyond me.
I ride mountains and deserts, not many deep water crossings here.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Does anyone know if I will run into problems if I disconnect the airfilter inlet from the Air-In/Out Plenum, then turn the airduct boot facing up, adding a small snorkle with a filter? Would this mess up the airflow for the airflow in and airflow out ducts on the Plenum?
The dust is killing me. I need to clean my filter after every ride. Our trails and fire roads contain real fine dust that gets into everything.
You can do that, put a 1.5 inchpvc reducer and you won't have to rejet. You shouldnt need the extra filter then.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's what I did without the added filter, works awesome!
Somebody at AC had their head up their a** when they designed the stock setup.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
That's what I did without the added filter, works awesome!
Somebody at AC had their head up their a** when they designed the stock setup.
As per Dessertcat I removed the duct and put a 2.25 ID unifilter no elbow, mine works good!

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

I removed the complete air box intake Plenum assembly. Installeda uni filter to the inlet of the air box which is 2.25" OD. It acts like a prefilter and works great. A snorkle may be the ticket but this works for me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
90 Posts
I turned the boot up on my machine and added 1 1/2" pipe which slid right into the boot and made a small snorkel with a 45 at the top, no prefilter. Workes awesome, Arctic cats engineers should get a kick in the a$$ for dreaming up that faoctory setup!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could you guys post some photos of your work. I have almost quit selling the Prowlers because of this problem. The thing that kills me is they say that the intake is not a problem, just in certain places!! Yea it is the place that the Prowler sucks air. The first Prowlers where made in 2006, now 2011 and still little improvement. This thing is not that hard to solve, please Cat help us!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Has anyone snorkled without cutting into the dumpbed?
I used 1.5 inch pvc and didn't have to do any cutting. It runs and idles better too. Mine stops at about head level but I don't really think its all that loud. I was concerned about it after hearing complaints, but mine is fine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I used 1.5 inch pvc and didn't have to do any cutting. It runs and idles better too. Mine stops at about head level but I don't really think its all that loud. I was concerned about it after hearing complaints, but mine is fine.
What about your cvt intake and outlet? did you snorkel that too? I'm just trying to decide between doing my own job or buying the pre built kit.. the only prob with the kit is that it's 200 + buks...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I turned the boot up and used 2 inch black PVC. I cut the brace that blocked the path and ran the pipe just above the lip of the bed. Then, I installed a 90 degree fitting and turned it towards the back of the passenger seat. I ran the 2 inch black pipe behind the seat and attached another 90 degree fitting pointing down and towards the back. Then I installed 6 inches of pipe and cut a bologna cut facing out.
I do not feel any power loss and the noise is noticably lower. Now we can talk when riding. The air filter stays clean. My next thing to do is modify the clutch intake with a filter. Hopefully I am not doing any damage while running without anything stopping the dirt from entering, the way Arctic Cat designed it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Donny at PCP offroad has very cool airbox, airfilter and plenum reroute systems, also filters for clutch intake, oil overflow - recircualates instead of vents onto ground... bunches of mods to improve performance and extend motor life.

as someone who just had to buy an engine - I really appreciate what he's done to prevent it from EVER happening again!

Thx Donny!

Pease Custom Performance

1 - 20 of 31 Posts