Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a prowler that i bough from a buddy of mine fairly cheap but it had low compression (135psi) i took it apart to put rings in it and found a groove at the very top of the cylinder about 2" lond and deep enough to feel it pretty good with your finger nail, well i had to have it running this weekend for a ride so i put the new rings in i was thinking the groove was about the top ring ( i hoped) well it ran better and didnt smoke but it only had 147psi i think stock is 155-170 psi. well on the ride it did pretty well but high is a no go it has no low grunt to get it moving, in low it trail rides ok but i will not climp a hill, would bog down in the water, and would not turn the tires over in the mud (2wd)
so im either going to resleeve it and or a bbk what do yall think
im running 30x10x14 silverbacks all the way around

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i no they are big for the 650 but i had them laying around the shop will the 700 bbk pull them or do i need to pull them off around here we mud ride 90% and trail 10% i want all the low end i can get and do not car about top end speed i havent been over 20 mph in 4 years probaly

·
Registered
157 Posts
sounds alot like clutching and carb, compression wouldn't scare me much either but I would big bore it rather than sleeve it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts