Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 prowler that will only do 35mph and run at 4500rpms and when you go down a hill it wont let itself go past 40mph seems like theres a gov on it i dont know what to do just doesnt seem like it has any power at all for the size it is a took the carb off and cleaned it. just didnt seem like it helped just need help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there any easy way of doing that or would it be time to bring it to the shop. whats with the cdi box would that have anything to do with it

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is the park brake on ? Sounds stupid but you never know...
Is the engine sputtering like a rev limiter ? check for inverted diodes in the fuse block. There's an arrow on the diode (it's black and looks like a fuse) and an arrow in the block. Make sure they point in the same direction.
Has there been anybody in the clutches ? Maybe you've got some rollers removed
hope some of this helps
cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya that park brake shows on but they said it was broke. But ya it runs down the road at 4000 rpm and 30 mph thats it and when you try to put it to the floor it spuders and kinda back fires its kinda a bumer i wish i could get more power out of it and even when you take off from the start it just seems like theres no power

1 - 6 of 6 Posts