Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
The only way it would really do that is if your idle is too high, or if the one way clutch bearing on the wet cetrifigul clutch is not working properly. I guess you wet centrifigul clutch could be messing up somehow, but I have never seen that happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 2008 650 and seams similar

What was it if you don't mind me asking. Mine broke while rolling down a hill backwars and was told by dealer the one way bearing must have broke while rolling backwards to fast. havn't fixed yet. but it made lot of noise while in drive and idle its trying to slip out of clutch idle and enter and go forward then dies. i have to bang my shifter and get it to nutral to crank and if i put it back in gear it doesn the same thing again. was wondering if it seams like your problem.
The only way it would really do that is if your idle is too high, or if the one way clutch bearing on the wet cetrifigul clutch is not working properly. I guess you wet centrifigul clutch could be messing up somehow, but I have never seen that happen.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would also say it is the one way clutch. That is what makes your engine braking work. I have never seen one go out, but some quads have the one way clutches for starting and I have seen them go out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
pepperly let me ask you this:

you installed new clutches? when you put the primary and secondary together, did you thread a case bolt into the secondary to spread the secondary open? you HAVE to spread the secondary open on these bikes in order to rlieve the belts tension before you install the primary assembly. if you did not spread the secondary open, and you tightened the primary down with the belts tension still on the primary, then your belt is sitting at the base of the primary and riding on the black collar that seperates the two halves of the primary clutch. when the belt rides down and touches that collar it makes that happen

in my signature is my website, take a look on my website at te disassembly section. thre is an instruction page with pictures. it shows you how to take apart the clutches. if you will just do everythng in the reverse of the directions, it shows you the proper way to put everything back together.

YOU HAVE TO SPREAD THE SECONDARY OPEN BEFORE YOU PUT THE PRIMARY TOGETHER and YOU MUST loctite the primary nut

1 - 8 of 8 Posts