Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It starts fine when cold or even after setting for a few days. But when i make a short (10 mins) or longer run, then shut it off and try to restart it acts like its hitting high compression. Sometimes i can floor the accelerator and it will turn over and start, but only sometimes. If I let sit for 30 minutes or so to cool down then it cranks right up. Carb
is clean, all 3 jets are clean, fuel, vacuum and vent hoses are all new. Battery shows to be good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It starts fine when cold or even after setting for a few days. But when i make a short (10 mins) or longer run, then shut it off and try to restart it acts like its hitting high compression. Sometimes i can floor the accelerator and it will turn over and start, but only sometimes. If I let sit for 30 minutes or so to cool down then it cranks right up. Carb
is clean, all 3 jets are clean, fuel, vacuum and vent hoses are all new. Battery shows to be good.
I just had a very similar experience with my 2008 xtx700. I replaced the battery but it did not fix the problem. Hard starting after the machine warmed up. It was the starter. I don't know if you can test it somehow but if your voltage is where is should be and still no start, check the starter. Mine always turned over slowly but would usually start. Now with the new starter, it cranks faster then I ever remember. May have been weak for years.
Good luck,

·
Administrator
7,331 Posts
That's one thing i haven't done. Thanks for the advice. I'll update when I'm done.
Check your voltage while cranking, you need to show 10.5 volts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts