Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

07 tranny problems

10K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  dieselmann_97 
#1 ·
OK i have a major problem here, just took my 07 prowler 650 h1 for a little ride at my friends farm, on the dirt field. I had nothing but problems with this machine!! I gave it off the line and snap! didnt move anymore. figured it was a axle shaft (broke many of them before already alone with splitting the rear diff in half) check all the shafts, none are broke. goes in gear but nothing moves including drive shaft that come out of transmission. So i figure something broke inside the tranny.. I put it in 4wheel & that works, machine will move. Only have front wheel drive. no power is getting to the rear diff. ANy ideas of what broke??????? I never had any problems with my yamaha's ive owned, this thing breaks everytime i take it out & i wasnt even beating on it. Just want to fix it and sell the damn thing and go back to a yamaha.. :mad:

#7 ·
Always the car never the driver. How many axles and diffs did you go thru? I know for a fact Yam has axle problems.

#9 ·
The only thing i can say is if you play with your toys their are going to break,and it is usually caused by the nut behind the wheel. I have a 700 xtx with 1400 miles on it and i have run the dog s____ out of it and it still runs just fine. That's not to say i haven't had to turn a wrench on it now and then but that's part of the game.

#10 ·
Sounds like the trans output shaft to me. As I recall they are prone to breaking on the atv which leaves them with just rear drive. Motor is backwards in the prowler of course.
BTW, i'm no rocket surgeon but even I would know better than to come to a Prowler enthusiast site and proclaim what a piece of junk it is then ask for help. Just sayin....

#11 ·
Im not giving the damn thing away, 4000 and its yours! went through 2 shafts one up front & one rear, split the rear diff in half going through a pond in low range 2 wheel drive & water just to the bottom of floor & motor boggin, hmm lets see bad design, the rear diff is hardly held in, made my own support bracket so it doesnt flex so much & split open again. Im easy on my stuff compared to my friend & his 660 rhino, we both run 30" mud lights, lifted, dynateck cdi boxes, homemade snorkel kits, and pipes, the rhino NEVER broke a thing yet, and i broke all that crap hmm yamaha is the better quality machine in my eyes. Yeah its the main secondary driveshaft inside the case of the motor that snapped & all i was doing was draging sum brush through a ruffed up field & the rhino was out pulling me and draging stuff!! I broke & he didnt, so tell me how the articat is better? i dont think so..

#12 ·
Im not giving the damn thing away, 4000 and its yours! went through 2 shafts one up front & one rear, split the rear diff in half going through a pond in low range 2 wheel drive & water just to the bottom of floor & motor boggin, hmm lets see bad design, the rear diff is hardly held in, made my own support bracket so it doesnt flex so much & split open again. Im easy on my stuff compared to my friend & his 660 rhino, we both run 30" mud lights, lifted, dynateck cdi boxes, homemade snorkel kits, and pipes, the rhino NEVER broke a thing yet, and i broke all that crap hmm yamaha is the better quality machine in my eyes. Yeah its the main secondary driveshaft inside the case of the motor that snapped & all i was doing was draging sum brush through a ruffed up field & the rhino was out pulling me and draging stuff!! I broke & he didnt, so tell me how the articat is better? i dont think so..
Thats funny, makes me wonder if your driveline isn't shifted somehow and running the shafts in a bind. Did you have to split the cases to change the output shaft?
BTW, please stop telling me how great yamaha is, i've owned one. They all got their lemons.

#13 ·
If you have 30" tires and its lifted its not stock and your not easy on it. A 660 Rhino couldnt pull a sick whore out of bed. Best of luck selling it and goodbuy..

#15 ·
Looks like you hit that one on the head cat n hat

#16 ·
i havent done that yet, but yes i have to pull the motor and split the case apart to get to it. THe part really isnt all that expensive, its 102 bucks. just not much time to do all that. Im not that easy on my toys, but not hard either, his rhino is beat to shi... and just beats the living hell out of the thing and hasn't broke a thing. I just dont usderstand y im breaking crap all the time, and im not even beating on it cuz im affraid its going to break again. i drive it like a grandma and it still breaks stuff. I took the lift out and still clear the 30's no prob, but crap keeps on breaking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.