Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the pin that holds the spider gears inside the pinion. does any body have a diff laying around or the gear assembly. I checked with AC and I would have to order the next higher assembly which is the ring gear assembly and it is 450$. I am going to head to the gear place in town today to see if they can do anything for me. I live in Alaska so if someone has one I will pay for shipping.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I broke the pin that holds the spider gears inside the pinion. does any body have a diff laying around or the gear assembly. I checked with AC and I would have to order the next higher assembly which is the ring gear assembly and it is 450$. I am going to head to the gear place in town today to see if they can do anything for me. I live in Alaska so if someone has one I will pay for shipping.
My pin broke too. I removed a pin from a used ring gear that had broken teeth, then welded it in mine. Replaced the bearings seals and re shimmed (several times), now all seems to be good. Post to the highlifter AC section and you will find several guys with broke diffs that might have a spare pin you could get. Or you could take it to a machine shop and have one made. Or the longshot, you could take it to the dealer. Supposedly AC was fixing this problem for some, not me. Do you have the tool to remove the pinion nut?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts