Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found out 2 new things while trying to get my rig started last night. It had a problem to where it would not crank past the compression stroke. Not battery. Not starter. Checked valves twice. So i pulled the top off of the engine and got to looking around and noticed a little spring on the cam. Did some research and making a guess that it is the decompression spring. I found the decompression spring and it had to much play in it. It is on the cam. It is a little speedbump mechanism on the cam to to open the exhaust valve just a hair. It looks like it uses centrifugal force to keep it closed once running at idle,kinda like a distributer. Anyways I trimmed a little off the spring and bent it to where it would pull tighter and obviosly it worked because she fired right up.

I also found that the elctric choke can be adjusted. You can follow the wires to the carb and rotate the whole assembly that the wires go into. I thought maybe I jacked something up but tried starting it at different settings and could definately tell a difference.

I guess the question is what is this thing actually called? Has anyone else had this problem or fix.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thats very good info. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts