Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys. 08 650 xt. was hard to crank but still started and ran fine. cranked better when cold but harder to get going when warmed up. decided to adjust the valves. Set the intake at .004 and the exhaust at .006. Still barley rolls over and now does not fire up. If I hold my hand over the carb air intake it cranks like normal but stops as soon as I remove my hand. had a buddy tell me to open the exhaust up more but I am looking to you all for your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I'm not a small bore user and never had one so a big azz grain of salt here.

drop the exhaust at the header and see if your choked up don't suggest leaving it off long but to test it's fine

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Ok, guys. 08 650 xt. was hard to crank but still started and ran fine. cranked better when cold but harder to get going when warmed up. decided to adjust the valves. Set the intake at .004 and the exhaust at .006. Still barley rolls over and now does not fire up. If I hold my hand over the carb air intake it cranks like normal but stops as soon as I remove my hand. had a buddy tell me to open the exhaust up more but I am looking to you all for your opinions.

Thanks in advance.
N

Never heard of that problem before,for sure let us know what you find out,maybe some one on here has had that problem.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
sounds to me like a starter ,,,,,its binding up when it gets hot,,,/hard to crank over........or mabe timing,,,,are you running the stock ignition box???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts