Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I started having problems over the weekend and now way worse. Problem started when bike was cold, it would start and I would have to feather the throttle for around 45 seconds to keep it running and then the bike ran great. I assumed the choke was sticking. Now today I started it, feathered it till warm then took off. After a short 2-3 minute ride I shut it off. It sat 20 min. Then started it again. Had to pump like crazy to get it going and it did not want to idle. Started across the field and it continually cut off and tried to die. Got it to the house, pulled air box, sprayed Carb with cleaner. Pulled top off Carb and sprayed with cleaner then reassembled. Now I have to pump it to start. No idle, and will barely run unless I keep it above 4000 rpm. Can it be the choke? Is there a temporary fix so I can finish my hunting trip without it going to the shop? I can have parts shipped to me if needed. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hello all, I started having problems over the weekend and now way worse. Problem started when bike was cold, it would start and I would have to feather the throttle for around 45 seconds to keep it running and then the bike ran great. I assumed the choke was sticking. Now today I started it, feathered it till warm then took off. After a short 2-3 minute ride I shut it off. It sat 20 min. Then started it again. Had to pump like crazy to get it going and it did not want to idle. Started across the field and it continually cut off and tried to die. Got it to the house, pulled air box, sprayed Carb with cleaner. Pulled top off Carb and sprayed with cleaner then reassembled. Now I have to pump it to start. No idle, and will barely run unless I keep it above 4000 rpm. Can it be the choke? Is there a temporary fix so I can finish my hunting trip without it going to the shop? I can have parts shipped to me if needed. Thanks in advance
Could also be fuel pump losing its vacume,when the choke goes bad I really don't know of a fix.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I really don't know of a fix.

oooo let me take this one , a new XTZ 1000 will fix it :)

.. wow that was a tuff one he says in his best welcome back Cotter voice

J/K ya

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
oooo let me take this one , a new xtz 1000 will fix it :)

.. Wow that was a tuff one he says in his best welcome back cotter voice

j/k ya
new electric choke=140 dollars.a new xtz 14,000 dollars.......lol:d:d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts