Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i put my AC in gear it dies like the clutch in not disengaging all the way and i can hear like a bad bearing or grinding noise when its in neutral idling has anyone else had this problem and if so what was it all help will be apreciated

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i have took the rollers out and cleaned they have some flat spot though everything looks good including the belt. Ran it just for a sec without the cover and belt still had the noise.this really sucks just bought it with only 989 miles on it and now it has 1245 the only riding i have done is up and down some country roads this thing has 27" mudlites with a aftermarket cdi box on it just wondering if that done it and if it will do it again?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am getting my 08 650 XT back today, after having to replace the secondary drive and driven gears, and clutch rollers. I don't ever recall slamming it into gear from neutral, but who knows. Interesting thing is AC has redesigned the gears, so I wonder if there might be an issue with early OEM stuff.

·
Registered
57 Posts
installing red spring in secondery

Changing out secondary , spring is a white color putting in red spring cant seam to get clocked properly is B-1 to be across from each other or be lined up with 1 on top and b right below it ,factory white spring was lined up across from each other.first time changing out secondary spring,any in put would be awesome .

·
Registered
421 Posts
when i put my ac in gear it dies like the clutch in not disengaging all the way and i can hear like a bad bearing or grinding noise when its in neutral idling has anyone else had this problem and if so what was it all help will be apreciated
you may have broken or just had a failure in the wet clutch,that is what actually disengages so that you can put in gear.the belt/clutches never disengage because that is what they use,along with the spraque(one way)clutch for engine braking.you will have to pull inner clutch cover off of eng to access wet clutch and oneway clutch assy

·
Registered
199 Posts
Changing out secondary , spring is a white color putting in red spring cant seam to get clocked properly is B-1 to be across from each other or be lined up with 1 on top and b right below it ,factory white spring was lined up across from each other.first time changing out secondary spring,any in put would be awesome .
Read my last post Kamustang, (quick clutch question) Adam from Airdam explained all of that to me when i did my spring 2 weeks ago. Here is the link to post, on the 2nd page is where Adam explained it.
Hope this helps!

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/a...e-discussions/2032-quick-clutch-question.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts