Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
alot about breaking the bevel gears is how hard you are on it,I have a buddy of mine that muds the heck out of his and its a 06 and hasnt tore them out yet.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
alot about breaking the bevel gears is how hard you are on it,I have a buddy of mine that muds the heck out of his and its a 06 and hasnt tore them out yet.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Justin, I have run both. I run 29" zillas right now when I'm doing the mud racing and have not had an issue. It really depends on the riding you do. If you ride 90% mud go for the zillas! YOU WILL NOT GET STUCK! BUT, if you do any trail riding on a regular basis (rocky/rooty trails) stay away from them! Or carry a couple spare axles with you! These are great tires but if you get them in a bind your machine will give before they do. I currently have a set of 27" swamplites for sale cheap but the problem would be shipping if you were interested. I took them off because for me they were to hard for the riding I do. I've run alot of tires and instead of the swamplites I would go with the Sedona Mud-Rebels! Great tire, not to hard, and work well for all terrains. That is if you ride trail. If not Zilla's all the way!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Have you considered Bighorns? I went with the 2.0's and they are awesome tires for the riding I do.. sounds similar to your riding conditions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where we ride close to my farm it can get muddy in spots but i really dont want to destroy the Prowler.I work for a Peterbilt dealer so i fix for a living.I am looking at Bighorns and other tires like them

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Where we ride close to my farm it can get muddy in spots but i really dont want to destroy the Prowler.I work for a Peterbilt dealer so i fix for a living.I am looking at Bighorns and other tires like them
I read about a set of procomp tires they really liked, had bighorn style tread,I hope they last longer than there truck tires.my buddy runs terracross said hes gonna try bighorns next time.hes got 2000 miles on his terracross tires.

·
Registered
733 Posts
what size bighorns do you run?
I run 26" big horns, If you measure them they actually come out to 27" I find they perform quite well in the mud. I went with the 26's so I wouldn't lose too much bottom end power so I can still spin em in the sticky stuff if I need to clean out the treads or to mud up my buddy's can am if he's behind me! haah :D I've had these tires on for over a year now and they wear really well, I've rotated them a couple times but they seem like they're going to last a very long time and for a good all around trail and mud tire I don't think I would switch to anything else. I was actually talking to a guy on the trails last summer who runs big horns and he had 22 000 kilometers on his!! i couldn't believe it.. 22grand and they still looked decent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts