Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I'm looking for some more ideas as to why my 08 ranger starting lacking power. In low range it will only rev to about 5K then start cutting in and put. In high range it takes for every to get to top speed.
Air intake is clean and clear.
Fuel pressure to injectors about 50 PSI.
Cylinder compressions are both about 125 psi.
It has fresh fuel and new plugs.
Fuel filter in tank is clean.

Looking forward to any ideas: MAM6051:confused:

·
Banned
70 Posts
I know whats wrong POLARIS?????????? any other thoughts out there..

Check your clutches you could have some loose screws in the secondary that are holding it open down in the sheeve. Or the bushings in he primary are out

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Check your spark arrestor, Pull air filter out and put in a new spark plugs and re-check.

125psi is very low compression.
I would also order up a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hello all.
I'm looking for some more ideas as to why my 08 ranger starting lacking power. In low range it will only rev to about 5K then start cutting in and put. In high range it takes for every to get to top speed.

We're just havin' a little fun with you here. Most of the knowledge here is based on Arctic Cat's Prowler. You might have better luck with Ranger expertise on this site: PRC Polaris Ranger Club LLC :: Index Hope you get her back up to snuff soon! Oops, I may have committed a party foul posting a direct link to another site.....sorry mods. The Ranger site is p r c f o r u m . c o m without the spaces.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello all.

sounds like something to do with the reverse rev limiter not sure how it works on that unit but that's about how the cat runs without the override button pushed so based on that i would start looking for a stuck pressure switch or bad connection hope that helps> As for the rest of the smart assed comments your getting on this site seems to me that there a re allot of guys that are pushing murphy's law a little to far and most likely will do some walking instead of prowling next time there out

·
Banned
70 Posts
just playin with you good luck with your ranger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts