Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my xtz to my local dealer to get the water pump seal replaced before warranty runs out.But I been having problems when starting.It runs on 1 cylinder and backfires.Sometimes the other cylinder starts firing and sometimes it don't.Took the spark plugs out to see whats up.The front cylinder plug was a light brown and the rear was washed clean (no color).Would like to get this fixed while in the shop under warranty.And I only have 225 miles on it.Not a happy AC owner. Any ideas out there in AC Prowler land. Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm taking my xtz to my local dealer to get the water pump seal replaced before warranty runs out.But I been having problems when starting.It runs on 1 cylinder and backfires.Sometimes the other cylinder starts firing and sometimes it don't.Took the spark plugs out to see whats up.The front cylinder plug was a light brown and the rear was washed clean (no color).Would like to get this fixed while in the shop under warranty.And I only have 225 miles on it.Not a happy AC owner. Any ideas out there in AC Prowler land. Thanks :cool:

Had the same exact issue with mine... Prior to it running off the single cylinder (occasionally the second would kick in) I'd puke coolant when it heated up.

Ended up needing the head gasket replaced... :mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the same exact issue with mine... Prior to it running off the single cylinder (occasionally the second would kick in) I'd puke coolant when it heated up.

Ended up needing the head gasket replaced... :mad:

I took it to my dealer this morning and he said that a leaking head gasket into cylinder would not make it miss.He thought something else was wrong and my warranty may not cover it. :mad:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I took it to my dealer this morning and he said that a leaking head gasket into cylinder would not make it miss.He thought something else was wrong and my warranty may not cover it. :mad:
Don't always trust what the dealer tells you. If you have another dealer near by get a second opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you are getting white exhaust and or losing coolant it is the Head Gasket as well as the misfiring. The white exhaust was mainly when I first started it. Seems to always be the rear cylinder that has the problem.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The dealer has mine putting a new water pump on. Before I took it in it would miss when it first started then run fine. I called the dealer today and told him how it missed and ask if he could check the head gasket. He said the only thing he could do is a compresion check.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm a dealer and I would have my mechanic check for a faulty head gasket, a kit to check for carbon dioxide in the radiator can be bought from napa for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Here is a question for them. How much more pressure is there on the gasket on a compression stroke verses a combustion event?
The dealer has mine putting a new water pump on. Before I took it in it would miss when it first started then run fine. I called the dealer today and told him how it missed and ask if he could check the head gasket. He said the only thing he could do is a compresion check.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Thats write I just wrote the wrong word, I guess my high school chem teacher would be dissappointed
You don't have to be an English professor to be one of the most trustworthy, reliable, and friendly dealers in the country. So don't worry about it! Just stick with what you do well. lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing as yours when I started it so while it was getting the water pump I had the dealer adjust the valves. When I picked it up the dealer said the rear cyl. the valves were fine but the frount cyl. was way off. Runs fine now. You might check your valves.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Its been at Bass pro for a week now and they haven't even looked at it yet. :mad:
I could have told you that. Good guys that i deal with here but very slow, or way too busy. One of the two. I ended up having to find another dealer to do business with. Have to drive an hour instead of ten minutes, but i got it back in two weeks shorter time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts