Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My prowler won't start when left out in cold (-10) all you hear is a ticking sound. The battery is fully charged and when I push it inside and let it warm up it starts no problem. What could it be?:confused:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
My prowler won't start when left out in cold (-10) all you hear is a ticking sound. The battery is fully charged and when I push it inside and let it warm up it starts no problem. What could it be?:confused:
Well an 09 should be using 5w50 oil even thou it should be 5 when cold its not also check the state of your battery load test it. Also dont forget the stock Prowler dosent have many cold cranking amps. you may need a heater for your coolant line to keep it warm enough to start.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I agree joe, your battery can be fully charged and not hold up to a load test,start off testing your battery when it is fully charged first.it should read 12.5 plus.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm with you guys.. sounds like a battery issue, you need more cold cranking amps

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm with you guys.. sounds like a battery issue, you need more cold cranking amps
Double check terminals on both ends battery, starter. Take them off and check for corrosion between the strands, clean if needed and re-tightened. Be sure you got a good solid ground connection. Remember a battery can look new and fail load test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts