Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea, it's going in the shop once again in the am, used it twice today was starting up like it should, went to start it up one last time to put away, it was a no go, seems like the starter wont turn the engine over. checked all connections, everything is nice and tight, tested the battery and it to is ok....bad starter??...i was guessing engine was on compretion stroke so i pushed it till i heard the engine turn over and then turned the key and she fired right up. tried a few times and each time the engine was on compression stroke it wouldn't turn over. DANG, ever since i bought it i think the longest i had it home was 2 weeks strait....oh yea, it's also going in for a warped front brake rotor and new pads....

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
i wish I had something for ya:confused:

Sorry to hear your having problems again. keep us posted, consider it your therapy to vent to us.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a starting problem but mine would just turn over & not fire. I replaced the charging system, so far so good. That doesn't sound like your problem though.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
As a retired Ford Tech all I can say is FIRST YEAR BLUES makes me glad I bought a 700 XTX. Im sorry you and others are having trouble

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehehe, be prepared.....i also bought the 700 xtx,,,wich is the one i'm having all the trouble with !!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Well I expect some trouble but I drive it like an OLD FART!:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol...i'm babying it and still having troubles, now i also have a warped front brake rotor. i hope all the bugs are out, had it for a month and started thinking of getting rid of it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I had mine 2 months all street miles no problems yet

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, had the starter changed on warranty, took a few quick rips with it since, was fine but today it started doing the same dang thing!!!, another bad starter?????..........anyone have any idea what the heck is going wrong here? seems that everytime it's on compression stroke the starter wont turn the engine over! obviously my local shop don't know squat, got some oil today for my first oil change and they told me i needed 3 1/2 quarts!?!?! shows how much they do know about the prowler. hahahahaha

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I don't know about another bad starter.I thought I was the only one that had luck like that.I would pull the spark plug and then try to turn it over the next time it does that.Maybe a blown head gasket is causing it to be hard to turn over once it is hot.If it does have a blown head gasket that is causing it to be hard to turn over the plug should be wet and you should get some water or coolant vapor out of the spark plug hole.Maybe the battery needs to be load tested?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
battery is testing fine..as far as head gasket...engine runs well, it does this also when cold. i have no idea where to look next. lol. it's almost comical at this pint. geeze, when will it ever end?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I really feel for ya moose.How about the grounds good and tight?Not just the battery but where they terminate from the battery.Bad positive battery cable?Just throwing stuff out here i know.
I have found that if you have a bad cable or connection the cable wich ever one it is will get really warm when it is having issues.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the tips man, ill see if the cables get hot next time it happens.....as for the silanoid, how do i check it, and is it the small one on top of battery??....the first time it did this i remember the live cable was hot, so this could be my prob, i guess ill keep a close eye on that.

thanks again. much appreciated!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts