Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

Picked up a 2009 Prowler XTZ this summer. Over the summer it was starting slower and slower to start until it would not start at all. Found that I had no spark at either plug. Replaced spark plugs, caps, cables, coils, and battery. Still no spark. I've checked the wiring to the instrument cluster, all seems to be connected properly. I've done a resistance test on the stator and CKP sensor, both tested within spec. Lastly, I tested voltage at the tilt sensor. Where I'm supposed to get zero volts I'm getting ~9v. The service manual suggests swapping out the ECU at this point to verify that it is good. Unfortunately, I don't have one lying around and a new one runs $500. Does anyone know of a way to bench test an ECU? Or have a spare one laying around? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Have you checked for any codes?

Arcticfrost

·
Registered
820 Posts
you need at least 10 volts on the battery while cranking or else the pcm will not turn on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Make sure the battery terminals are tight (use a wrench) and check the grounds. It’s something electrical so keep narrowing it down!

Arcticfrost

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure the battery terminals are tight (use a wrench) and check the grounds. It’s something electrical so keep narrowing it down!

Arcticfrost
Terminals are tight and clean. I checked the ground where the battery connects to the engine, it's also tight and clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts