Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm about to buy some spacers for my prowler. I want a more stable ride, and a meaner look. I want my tires to stick out far enough that my fenders don't keep getting torn off by snagging on stuff. I'm thinking about going with the 2" but will that be too much? I figure you guys out west would know a little more about this since yall do more high speed riding in the dunes. Does the 2" look good? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey guys i'm about to buy some spacers for my prowler. I want a more stable ride, and a meaner look. I want my tires to stick out far enough that my fenders don't keep getting torn off by snagging on stuff. I'm thinking about going with the 2" but will that be too much? I figure you guys out west would know a little more about this since yall do more high speed riding in the dunes. Does the 2" look good? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

im running 2'' spacers front and rear . i love them ! it did make the steering a little heavier but nothing i couldnt get used to in a matter of a few miles . ive had mine on since the month after i bought it in 09 and havnt had any problems . it for sure gave it a meaner stance. i dont think you would notice much differnece in handling or apperance on the 2 vs 1.5'' . IMO wider is better

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I was against wheel spacers because the load on components. But I finally put 1.5 spacers on andI like them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like the 1.5 on mine, looks mean, handles well for a prowler, a lot more stable feeling. and will sling mud to the moon.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm running the stock aluminum wheels with 28" swamplites. With the stock wheel having very little offset, i was leaning toward the 2". Do you guys agree?
Sandchris, explain what you mean about the leverage. Are you saying its a good thing or bad thing? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
With stock wheels, you can get away with the 2" just fine. But if you are running aftermarket wheels with a wider offset like most ITPs have, then the 1.5" is a good choice.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
I'm running the stock aluminum wheels with 28" swamplites. With the stock wheel having very little offset, i was leaning toward the 2". Do you guys agree?
Sandchris, explain what you mean about the leverage. Are you saying its a good thing or bad thing? Thanks.
You want to be careful with to much leverage AKA stress on the wheel bearing and other componets.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
244 Posts
ck out my pics, im running 2 in spacers stock wheels in mud and sand no problems.......just get ready to sling the mud though ...i think they look great!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice ride dla67. Prestigemike, what kind of price are we talking for 4. Inch and a half, and two inch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts