Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy and i are almost finished lowering seats and cage on his xtz,we`v also installed a heater in the dash and windshield wipers.will post picts soon but heres a few of the skid plate we made out of a 5x12 by 1/8in alum.its held on with 60 1/4in bolts in riv-nuts we installed in frame.when we get his all done we`l start on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sweet .. don't think you put in a zipper line on the frame ???? or did the nutsert/rivnut fill the hole well enough to not allow cracking or is it a time will tell deal. ... but no matter it's done now to test :) sure like the looks of it though

also what heater did you use ??

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
my buddy and i are almost finished lowering seats and cage on his xtz,we`v also installed a heater in the dash and windshield wipers.will post picts soon but heres a few of the skid plate we made out of a 5x12 by 1/8in alum.its held on with 60 1/4in bolts in riv-nuts we installed in frame.when we get his all done we`l start on mine.
That is a nice skid plate but I think you need a few jacks or two guys to install it right? Or you could just tilt the car on its side I guess. :D

PS dont forget to cut the hole out for the oil drain. lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with 60 bolts holding it on i dont think its goin anywhere. the heater is actually the one riddler recommended from jc whitney,it went on back order for an updated face plate/vent assy which actually worked out better for us cuz it fits better then factory,you`d think it was made for it.we`r also gunna install nerf bars between the fenders along the outer frame rail so when you rub up against trees they will just slide along w/o taking the fenders off.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wiper picts

we ordered a wiper linkage kit and motor for a jeep cj,then cut it up to make our wiper system.it fits on factory windshield.we have cut 2 7/8 off the bottom and and 1 1/4 off the top during the roof/cage lowering process. picts are shitty but i have a vidoe but it wouldnt upload. note the high tech prototype coat hanger linkage,haha

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a nice skid plate but I think you need a few jacks or two guys to install it right? Or you could just tilt the car on its side I guess. :D

PS dont forget to cut the hole out for the oil drain. lol
ya you cant do it by yourself very easily. a 5x12x1/8 alum is 100lbs,we`r prolly using 60lbs of it after cutting. but it`l end up being the new sherman xtz tank,haha

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
ya you cant do it by yourself very easily. a 5x12x1/8 alum is 100lbs,we`r prolly using 60lbs of it after cutting. but it`l end up being the new sherman xtz tank,haha
I put my pig on the race car corner scales and it weighed 1750# with all the crap on it. I bet your car there is less even with that skid plate. Can you make another one of those for my XTZ 1000 out of magnesium or titanium? What would that cost ? :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put my pig on the race car corner scales and it weighed 1750# with all the crap on it. I bet your car there is less even with that skid plate. Can you make another one of those for my XTZ 1000 out of magnesium or titanium? What would that cost ? :D
more then its worth.that sheet of alum was only 200 buks.im sure its conciderably less down in america tho. mine will be quite heavy im thinking when its all done because im going full roof with bed enclosed like a jeep.by the time you add all that plus beadlock wheels,spare and holder,cooler, grille,assorted recovery items,dog,woman.it all adds up to one heavy sumbitch.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i`ll be gettin my corner weights when its all done so KING can set up the shocks i bought from darryl. im betting it`l weigh in close to what yours is.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Love that skid plate. Looks great. Very clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts