Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have tried a few setups out there now and if you are looking for the best setup here it is call this guy.

adam harvey
3508 B manor drive
vicksburg ms 39180

601-218-9065
[email protected]
paypal: [email protected]

http://airdam.x10hosting.com/

I ran his stage 1 and 2 tell him you want the same setup as ANDY WATTS he will hook you up. I was running 4 stock rollers 23.5 gram and I shaved down 4 stockers to 14 gram. This setup was a bit light so I suggest that you run it with 8 stock rollers and if your not getting enough RPM then start by lightening 2 at a time I will be running 6 stock and 2 14 gram rollers.

This setup gives you ultra low gearing on takeoff and stock topspeed with stage 1 and more than stock with stage 2.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sounds good I may try it this winter

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's cool. I ran mine the other day. On pavement, from dead stop to top end, about 58mph is all i could get. From about 20mph punch i got 68 pretty good. Maybe with this setup i can get the hole shot and still keep top end.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What RPM should I shoot for on an XTZ?
It depends on what kind of riding you do. You are interested in getting more out of your setup what do you think your machine needs? This info is needed to help find what mods will help.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It depends on what kind of riding you do. You are interested in getting more out of your setup what do you think your machine needs? This info is needed to help find what mods will help.

I don't need a ton of high speed. I do some rock crawling, rough trails, hill climbing. I don't mind being able to smoke my buddies off the line when we are messing around on roads.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't need a ton of high speed. I do some rock crawling, rough trails, hill climbing. I don't mind being able to smoke my buddies off the line when we are messing around on roads.
Just do the stage 1 and you will have lower gearing and much better low end.

·
Registered
241 Posts
So for the desert/dunes I would want to go with stage 1 and 2? I will also be doing a muzzys exhaust, and the fuel controller, which will be the only mods for now, minus the 4 seater cage that is being built.

How much more top end can be gained?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So for the desert/dunes I would want to go with stage 1 and 2? I will also be doing a muzzys exhaust, and the fuel controller, which will be the only mods for now, minus the 4 seater cage that is being built.

How much more top end can be gained?
That depends on what you mean top end if you mean top speed it is just a small increase but if you mean top end power at all speeds then this setup will help a ton with the mods you listed above.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does it make a difference on how heavy you are? I know you said that you were lighter than stock, Im a lot heavier than stock Do you think the same set up will work with the added weight?
Thanks, Lyn

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does it make a difference on how heavy you are? I know you said that you were lighter than stock, Im a lot heavier than stock Do you think the same set up will work with the added weight?
Thanks, Lyn
It will make the same difference.

How bout we go to Glamis next weekend and you can check it out for yourself?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks , that may be some of the best info i have gotten on here in a while. Seems to me that may be the cheapest way to get added performance without lots of expensive engine mods.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts