Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped off my xtz 1000 today for a full dual exhaust system. Looney will use it as a test mule for a new system on the 1000. I will let you know how it turns out. Can't wait!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just stopped in and took a quick look at the exhaust and it looks sweet. We fired it up and it sounds like a trophy truck. They are working on the intake now, should have it back next week.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will post a sound clip when I get it back. I did not even take any pics of it on the dyno when I was there either!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do know that stock it put up 48 RWHP and went 80mph. With the exhaust system, we shall see.......................

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know they have a programmer for it but I did not ask what kind it is. When I get it back, I will pass on the info.

·
Registered
271 Posts
a stock 650? well it depends on what you want to try and do. even with my stage 5 clutching the 650s dont really have enough power to pull much more mph than they already run in stock form. you'd have to open that sucker up and throw some mods at it to get it to really scream on the top end in order to get more MPH. that large single clinder power plant makes tons of torque, but not alot of high RPM hp. so puling more mph is almost out of the question for a stock 650. you can do the stage 5 clutching if you'd like and lighten up the rollers to get the bike up in the RPMs and see if you can pull more mph. since you have the 4.0 differential ratios i honestly think with my machining, you can accelerate quicker, and harder, have more low end grunt, and possibly get some more mph if you can squeeze some more ponies out of the 650 by giving it a less restrictive intake and exhaust and jetting it right

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
a stock 650? well it depends on what you want to try and do. even with my stage 5 clutching the 650s dont really have enough power to pull much more mph than they already run in stock form. you'd have to open that sucker up and throw some mods at it to get it to really scream on the top end in order to get more MPH. that large single clinder power plant makes tons of torque, but not alot of high RPM hp. so puling more mph is almost out of the question for a stock 650. you can do the stage 5 clutching if you'd like and lighten up the rollers to get the bike up in the RPMs and see if you can pull more mph. since you have the 4.0 differential ratios i honestly think with my machining, you can accelerate quicker, and harder, have more low end grunt, and possibly get some more mph if you can squeeze some more ponies out of the 650 by giving it a less restrictive intake and exhaust and jetting it right

Thank you very much for the info. So it looks like staying stock with the clutching is what I do unless I am ready to engine mods.

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
thanks for posting this info? If you do one of these to get the quicker acceleration, does it hurt the top end speed at all?

·
Registered
271 Posts
no. you can do the stage 1 machining for the low end gains and not hurt your top speed. none of the machining modifications i make hurt your top speed. my stage 1 machining gives you low ned performance, and stages 2-5 ADD more top speed to that. you never loose anything from my work. take a look thru my website in my signature and you can see what the modifications do for each step

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Fresh picture of the pipes. I am extremely pleased with the sound it really does sound like a V8 trophy truck. I also received a programmer (available through LTE) and an air intake. Fit and Finish is excellent!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Intake is a one off, they will sell if the demand is there. I did not hear a price and I see it is not on their web site yet. They sell directly, shoot them an email or give them a ring for a price quote.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts