Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, going to move on and try something different. Something sportier, but this one has got to go first. I've really enjoyed it and will miss the large bed.

2011 Arctic Cat Prowler 700 HDX. About 1800 miles. Fuel injected, power steering. I'm the second owner and have owned it for a couple years. Nice machine, but has the usual scratches associated with an off road machine. Nicely equipped with the following accessories:

- Trail Armor Cool-Flo windshield
- Arctic Cat hard top
- Warn winch
- Arctic Cat brush guard
- in-dash CD player with bluetooth
- Amplifier
- Speaker bar
- Odyssey AGM main battery
- Full size auxiliary battery with isolator
- Arctic Cat rear view mirror
- Arctic Cat V-bag (storage bag)
- Newer tires - GBC Grim Reapers, they look practically new
- UNI air filter
- Plastic rear window (not installed)
- Homemade rear seat assy complete with seat belts and drink holders (not installed)

This fall I replaced the fluids in the differentials, changed the oil and filter, and cleaned/re-oiled the air filter. It is turnkey, ready to ride. Nice large tilt bed with removable sides if you want to use it as a flatbed. Good machine for off-roading, gravel road cruising, or farm use. Asking price is $9,000, or best offer. If interested, send me a PM, or call/text. (three-0-9 two 6 nine four 8 2 zero). Sold as is.

For photos, here's a link the CL ad. The ones I tried to upload here were too large. It's much, much cleaner now than in the photos. I should probably take new photos!

https://quadcities.craigslist.org/snw/5969522726.html

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking very closely at the CFMOTO Zforce 800 EX with power steering. That's probably what I'll get. It's 59" wide and will fit nicely in the toy hauler. They're priced right, have some decent aftermarket support, and more HP. I just like to switch things up and while I've loved the Prowler (for the most part), just wanting to test something else out.

I also really like the new Polaris Ace 900xc. Downside is that it's a single seater. Not that I have passengers often, but it's nice to have the extra seat. Last option is a RZR, but that's only if a really, really good deal falls in my lap. I'm kind of anti-Polaris since everybody and their mother owns one around here.

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is the durability of the CFMoto
From what I've heard, about the same as anything else. If you abuse it, it'll break! Interesting fact, the Canadian version comes with a 5 year warranty.

·
Administrator
7,254 Posts
Good luck on your sale! The HDX is a great utility machine! CFMoto has been around awhile, see more and more of them around. Price is hard to beat!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still got it. Had some nibbles.

Funny story - one old timer called me last Sunday while we were out riding. Asked about the Prowler I had for sale. Wanted to know if I'd consider a trade - he has a Sportsman 1000. Told him not interested in a trade, thanked him for the call, etc. Five minutes later, he calls again, we have the same conversation all over again. I told him we just spoke a few minutes ago, he apologized, and the call ended. Well Monday rolls around, same guy calls me. Same questions as if we'd never spoken. Am I interested in a Sportsman 1000 - no, thanks. He tells me he's 74yrs old, looking for something different. I didn't have the heart to tell him we'd spoken two times before. We'll see if he calls again this week! I don't know about you, but a Sportsman 1000 is a helluva lot of quad for a 74yr old.

Reactions: CCProwlerhdx

·
Administrator
7,254 Posts
Been there, Done that! Just me and GT! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Hey hey I'm not 74 yet but close , one of my old fart friends told me I almost near old geazer status [75] , I said not even close just a pimpled face 70 year old wet behind the ears kid. :)

·
Administrator
7,254 Posts
I may be getting older in years, but I'm in the " Hold my beer, and watch this! Phase" LOL

Reactions: Stump426

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I may be getting older in years, but I'm in the " Hold my beer, and watch this! Phase" LOL
Last time at the Cheese Trails you were in the "Hold my beer while I kiss your wife" phase! :)

·
Administrator
7,254 Posts
Guilty! Good times with good people!

Reactions: Stump426 and Bryan

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good luck with your sale. I'm sure it will sell in no time. As for myself, I would also like to try something sportier. However I don't think I could ever part with my HDX.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Good luck with your sale. I'm sure it will sell in no time. As for myself, I would also like to try something sportier. However I don't think I could ever part with my HDX.
I think ours would be easier to part with if we hadn't "personalized" them so much. You have a lot of $ in yours, too. After you fix em up to where we got them, may as well just keep em.

Reactions: Stump426

·
Administrator
7,254 Posts
I keep forgetting how bad the HDX with Traks look! Gotta try them someday!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I keep forgetting how bad the HDX with Traks look! Gotta try them someday!
it is bad ass! Saturday afternoon a friend stopped by (he has a grizzly with tracks) and we spent the afternoon running power-line trails(4.5-5 feet of snow).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts