Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking into a new wheel tire combo, mainly the DWT Diablo beadlocks. Problems is that they only come in a 12in rim, so I would need utv crap caliper relocation brackets.

For tires I want to run the 26.5 Pitbull Rocker Ubers

Would it be a bad idea to run the 12s, or should I just go with the 14s?

Riding is mainly open desert.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Ive been looking into a new wheel tire combo, mainly the DWT Diablo beadlocks. Problems is that they only come in a 12in rim, so I would need utv crap caliper relocation brackets.

For tires I want to run the 26.5 Pitbull Rocker Ubers

Would it be a bad idea to run the 12s, or should I just go with the 14s?

Riding is mainly open desert.

Thanks,
Nick
I think I will go with a 12 inch wheel, there are more tires and paddles available for the 12 inch wheels.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
for you high speed guys [dune guys] wouldn't the tire roll during high speed turns increase do to the extra side wall height assuming that you would be running the same diameter tires or larger .. I would think that would be a bit of a concern unless it was an 8 ply rated tire , yea I know they run them on other rigs now but most of those don't see the speed obtainable to us unless modified

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for you high speed guys [dune guys] wouldn't the tire roll during high speed turns increase do to the extra side wall height assuming that you would be running the same diameter tires or larger .. I would think that would be a bit of a concern unless it was an 8 ply rated tire , yea I know they run them on other rigs now but most of those don't see the speed obtainable to us unless modified
That would be my concern, however I think the combo of the beadlock, and the 8ply of the Pitbulls, it may be fairly stable.

I had to venture into a rzr forum to find this. Its a turbod rzr, and the drifting looks damn fun. I had a spare set of rims with the goodyear rawhides 4ply that I tried out this weekend, and it felt downright scary at high speeds.

Watch in HD

·
Registered
294 Posts
My concern also would be the side wall flex in turns, but other than that I wouldn't see it being a big deal.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I never roll beads on my rides, i run 5 to 7 psi and have never really had a problem. I really don't even think you need bead locks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would just like the bead-locks for the peace of mind. You never know when you will be 100miles from help.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
U-Tube vid....he's not going fast enough to be sliding all that hard but is you look at the rear facing camera shots you can see a fairly large contact in all the tighter turns [where you see the heavy dust kick up] .. thats mostly tire roll with some slip but not much as you can also see body action isn't hung out ..
I believe it will be fine , just very different than what your used to that's why I brought it up... some of that if it's a problem could be corrected by playing with tire pressures
ahhhh back to my old Sprint car days [now ya know why i'm asking BTDT ]

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
My goodyears are great with the right pressure.
That would be my concern, however I think the combo of the beadlock, and the 8ply of the Pitbulls, it may be fairly stable.

I had to venture into a rzr forum to find this. Its a turbod rzr, and the drifting looks damn fun. I had a spare set of rims with the goodyear rawhides 4ply that I tried out this weekend, and it felt downright scary at high speeds.

YouTube - Pit Bull Tires - Desert Domination

Watch in HD

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts