Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I picked up a used 2013 XTX 700 for a really good price that needed a bunch of work... I've gone through the machine front to back and am now at the point I need new shocks for it. The previous owner put what appears to be snowmobile shocks on it to get more height, totally putting the driveline at waaaaay too much of an angle.

Exhausted my ability to search and make phone calls for aftermarket for these machines to no avail. Does anyone know of a set up that will work for these machines that isn't too crazy expensive? Will not be riding it hard, just around the farm and the odd trails here and there.

I can get stock replacements from the local dealer for around $200(CAD) a corner, but from what I've been reading, they're not something I'd be happy with.

Any input is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
The front and rears are interchangeable, the OE parts numbers are different only because of the length and stoke. But swap and fit perfect.
Here is the shock length specs.
Fronts
10.922" Compressed length
15.799" extended length

Rears
11.036" Compressed length
15.91" extended length

So if you find some rears, cheap, they will work too.
Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the measurements. I’m not able to find anyone who makes aftermarket suspension for these. Are there any other models that would fit? My only option so far other than stock was to have custom ones made by bandit. Right now the way he had it, the fronts are so extended the axles are about 1/8” from touching the bottom a-arm lol. No wonder he was popping axles.

·
Administrator
7,349 Posts
For your planned use, stock shocks and springs should work fine. I'm at 12,000 plus miles, street and trail riding and still on the original stock suspension. Looked at after market, but pricing turns me away!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
If you want to increase the height, you can run XTZ shocks on the rear. Have to cut the eyelets to fit the mounts, but its no big deal. Gained 4" of lift. Rides great!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you want to increase the height, you can run XTZ shocks on the rear. Have to cut the eyelets to fit the mounts, but its no big deal. Gained 4" of lift. Rides great!
I just put new king shocks on and have old stock set for sale with new rear springs, 2010 xtx 15 3/4 extended, 14" compressed x4 =$200 cdn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts