Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there know what I need to swap a 2013 mud pro1000 into a 2009 prowler xtz1000. Wanting to get ride of the trouble some trans with the silly washers. Found one of my washers in the pan. It’s about as expensive to rebuild this one as it is to buy a 2013 mud pro 1000. Appears to be the same. Do I need a new ECU/wiring harness? Anyone ever done it?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Only concern I would have is the engine wiring harness off the 2013 matching the 09 connectors. ECM's are model specific.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone out there know what I need to swap a 2013 mud pro1000 into a 2009 prowler xtz1000. Wanting to get ride of the trouble some trans with the silly washers. Found one of my washers in the pan. It’s about as expensive to rebuild this one as it is to buy a 2013 mud pro 1000. Appears to be the same. Do I need a new ECU/wiring harness? Anyone ever done it?
Can I ask if you found a broken washer in the bottom of the oil pan? I have the same issue!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only concern I would have is the engine wiring harness off the 2013 matching the 09 connectors. ECM's are model specific.
From what I can see in parts breakdown and repair manuals the stator is different(not sure if the connector is or what the actual difference is) but aside from that I’m using my intake/injectors so all those connections will be fine. Going to find out Wednesday though.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
From what I can see in parts breakdown and repair manuals the stator is different(not sure if the connector is or what the actual difference is) but aside from that I’m using my intake/injectors so all those connections will be fine. Going to find out Wednesday though.
You can always swap out the stator, nice thing about having a parts motor!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far the only issues I’ve found
1.) Gear position sensor wire connector is different. Need to figure out what 4 pin female plug it is to wire old into new.
2.) shift cable mount is different
3.) Need longer hoses for the breathers.
4.) Cranks but won’t fire. Believe to be the stator. Will swap with my original one to find out.
Will update when I get it all buttoned back up and started.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Love work in progress updates! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stator/magneto is on and it fires right up! Good idle no shakes. Put it in gear and wheels move! Few more things to be done like shift linkage (May take me some time as I am not a fabricator) and the gear position sensor needs the connector.
So far the only issues I’ve found
1.) Gear position sensor wire connector is different. Need to figure out what 4 pin female plug it is to wire old into new.
2.) shift cable mount is different
3.) Need longer hoses for the breathers.
4.) Cranks but won’t fire. Believe to be the stator. Will swap with my original one to find out.
Will update when I get it all buttoned back up and started.
Stator/magneto is on and it fires right up! Good idle no shakes. Put it in gear and wheels move! Few more things to be done like shift linkage (May take me some time as I am not a fabricator) and the gear position sensor needs the connector.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Happy for you! Nice thing about the Cats is the interchangeability throughout the years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts