Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 Prowler 700 HDX Limited a couple of weeks ago. I sold my Ranger XP and so far I love the Prowler.

I removed my Viper winch from the Ranger and want to put it on the Prowler. I have the winch mounted, but I'm at a loss on how to get the wiring up to the dash for the switch.

Also, where has everyone mounted the relay for their winch?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I mounted mine under the hood in the storage compartment on the left side keeping it out of the weather

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I put my relay on the frame rail under the driver's seat pan, I ran wires to the dash on the drivers side of the machine.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I bought a 2014 Prowler 700 HDX Limited a couple of weeks ago. I sold my Ranger XP and so far I love the Prowler.

I removed my Viper winch from the Ranger and want to put it on the Prowler. I have the winch mounted, but I'm at a loss on how to get the wiring up to the dash for the switch.

Also, where has everyone mounted the relay for their winch?
What year Ranger was it that you sold? What do you like better about your HDX over your Ranger? Never ridden in a Ranger or HDX, but I'm always dreaming of bigger, better toys..:D So always curious on comparisons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an 06 Ranger that I bought used. Great machine, but it was showing its age mechanically. It had been used pretty hard before I got it.

I love the power steering, the ride, and the price over a new Ranger!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you get underneath the dash? on my HDX, it looks like I've got to take half the machine apart to get to the back of the dash.

I'm not too mechanically inclined and I'm trying to install the winch myself. I did it on the Ranger, it's just the whole layout of the HDX is different.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
On my XTX there is a space between the under hood storage bin, and the Front splash panel. Area is above the steering column. There is a factory hole where they brought the main wire loom in, I placed my wires beside the factory wires, there is a lot of room. Not sure how long your winch relay wires are, or the ones that run to the winch to the relay.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts