Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day people, I am new to the fourm. I have a 09 700 XTX. Just needing some advice on possibly doing a 2'' lift. I have considered the tracks would be awsome... But I do not have the time to ride enough in the winter to justify the cost. Was wondering if i put a 2'' lift on, how big of tire can I go with. Thinking for my use some more ground clearance and some evil tires she would probaly do me just fine.. What would you all reccomend for that set up?? Thanks in advance for the input.

Shaune

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Welcome to the site Shaune! When you do get that lift and new tires...definately post some pics. Plowboy put some big tires on his Prowler, what is he using for a lift?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a big rush... but the one that you mentioned abouve looks like the way to go... They say a guy can fit up to 32'' tire with it. I think that 28 or 29'' would be good for me.. What do you think about 1'' spacers as well to equalize out the look of the machine??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the site Shaune! When you do get that lift and new tires...definately post some pics. Plowboy put some big tires on his Prowler, what is he using for a lift?
Thanks for the welcome! I will post some pics once i do the work.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Good day people, I am new to the fourm. I have a 09 700 XTX. Just needing some advice on possibly doing a 2'' lift. I have considered the tracks would be awsome... But I do not have the time to ride enough in the winter to justify the cost. Was wondering if i put a 2'' lift on, how big of tire can I go with. Thinking for my use some more ground clearance and some evil tires she would probaly do me just fine.. What would you all reccomend for that set up?? Thanks in advance for the input.

Shaune
Welcome Home!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shaune,

If you do consider the track kit I would suggest the Tatou 4S Tracks from Camoplast. I bought a set last year and put them on my 08 XTX and wow!! I had a lot of fun last winter, Cant wait for it to snow again. There are a few things I liked about the Tatou Kit Vs. some of the others. First, the 4s means 4 seasons. They are designed to run in snow, mud, sand, dirt, rocks...you name it these will do it. However, I do think running them in the snow is the most satisfying. On dirt and rocks the ride is very rough and turning them is tougher but do-able. The pricing was better on this kit that some of the others I looked at. I also liked the quality of the rollers and hardware used.

The other thing to remember is that the tracks are definately not for you if you want to go fast with them on. It takes your top speed down to about 25 mph. But, it really gears the machine low and you can climb like crazy and the traction is unbeleivable.

If your not in the snow much then you will probably like the lift and mudders just fine. Just thought you might like some info on the tracks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shaune,

If you do consider the track kit I would suggest the Tatou 4S Tracks from Camoplast. I bought a set last year and put them on my 08 XTX and wow!! I had a lot of fun last winter, Cant wait for it to snow again. There are a few things I liked about the Tatou Kit Vs. some of the others. First, the 4s means 4 seasons. They are designed to run in snow, mud, sand, dirt, rocks...you name it these will do it. However, I do think running them in the snow is the most satisfying. On dirt and rocks the ride is very rough and turning them is tougher but do-able. The pricing was better on this kit that some of the others I looked at. I also liked the quality of the rollers and hardware used.

The other thing to remember is that the tracks are definately not for you if you want to go fast with them on. It takes your top speed down to about 25 mph. But, it really gears the machine low and you can climb like crazy and the traction is unbeleivable.

If your not in the snow much then you will probably like the lift and mudders just fine. Just thought you might like some info on the tracks.
Right on, thanks for the info.. I am still up in the air on what to do.. I have seen the tracks you are talking about.. Do you mind me asking what they cost you? Have you seen the set that arctic cat now offers? Wonder how they compare.. I am in Canada, but working close to the North Dakota border and will be buying my add ons there no matter what they may end up being.
Thanks,
Shaune

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shaune,

I cant remember exactly what I paid. I got a smoking deal on them because the dealer where I bought my Prowler had not done a prowler with the tracks yet. So I agreed to let them use it as a demo for customers who wanted to see them in action before buying. I want to say I paid 2200.00 installed. I think the next set we bought for my Fathers Prowler was arround 3000.00. I know it sounds like a lot but in the snow they are worth every penny. It is truly amazing the amount of traction you have with them. If you want go to youtube and search "arctic Cat Prowler 700" I posted some video of the tracks last year when I first got them. My favorite one is where I had to pull out My full size chevy truck with the prowler because I was stuck in the snow pulling a heavy trailer. The prowler got both the truck and the trailer back out to safety. If you have any other questions about the tracks don't be shy.

One other piece of advice... I ran my machine last year with no cab and my dad's had the soft cab kit. It was some cold riding without the cab. I just finished installing my soft cab for this winter. It might be somthing you would consider as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just found the other videos from last year that was in about 18" of fresh powder. It was a lot of fun that day. Here is the link

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Not a big rush... but the one that you mentioned abouve looks like the way to go... They say a guy can fit up to 32'' tire with it. I think that 28 or 29'' would be good for me.. What do you think about 1'' spacers as well to equalize out the look of the machine??

I am running 1.5" spacers and love them. When you get ready to buy the lift hit me up I may want to see my complete kit.

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just found the other videos from last year that was in about 18" of fresh powder. It was a lot of fun that day. Here is the linkYouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
That looks like a blast!! We used to have sleds, but when we had our son, we sold them because we stoped using them and bought the prowler... Way better, we can all go riding now tracks would be awsome in the winter, my parents have a cabin in Mc Bride British Colombia and riding the logging roads in the winter there would be a blast!! I would for sure go for tracks on the prowler before a sled agian. Thanks for the video... Gets a guy thinking about spending the extra $$ then really you have a cooler sled and a summer toy too all in one machine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am running 1.5" spacers and love them. When you get ready to buy the lift hit me up I may want to see my complete kit.

Seth
Thanks Seth, I will keep that in mind... Going to be a hard decision over the tracks though... I found a slightly used set of arctic cat tracks at the local dealership, they had them on a demo machine could get them for $3200 canadain.... What to do....

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow those tracks really work well. Looks cold
Yes... it is a little cold, however I just got a soft cab kit from Arctic Cat and It is going to be nice. My Father had the cab on his machine last year and he would go out in a T-shirt because the heat from the engine heats up the cab.

If you guys like the videos I will post some more over the winter as the snow flies. I am looking forward to trying the track set up with the new King shocks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts