Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some suggestions on what changes I need to make to my stock with CDI 650 that will have a 4 seat cage on it this week. I was running through the wash and hit some soft sand/gravel and it just fell flat on its face. I am planning on going to the dunes soon and need to know if there are any mods for the 06. My understanding is that they made changes on the 07 which is fine at the dunes. Dalton does not have anything unless you are running bigger tires. Down loaded the manual but can't seem to find how this clutch is set up???? I had a Kawi KFX 700 and clutch springs and overdrive plate made the motor respond completely different, tops at the dunes. Anyone have thoughts on this matter?:confused:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
The secondary is different.The o6 part number is 0823-153 and the 07 is 0823-157.Arctic cat changed some of the 06's that had problems out to the 07 style.They did that for my buddy when he had a problem with his under warranty 2 years ago.If yo go to babbits online or ac's parts look up on their website you can see the difference kinda.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The secondary is different.The o6 part number is 0823-123 and the 07 is 0823-157.Arctic cat changed some of the 06's that had problems out to the 07 style.They did that for my buddy when he had a problem with his under warranty 2 years ago.If yo go to babbits online or ac's parts look up on their website you can see the difference kinda.
Hey guys, sorry to hijack your discussion, but I just joined the forum looking for some info on changing my secondary out and putting the belt back on. Long story short, my pulley disintegrated and was pretty easy taking off, now I got my new part, and gotta figure out how to get it back together. The part number it showed for my 06 was 0823-153, but it was superceded by a -254 and after some discussion with the dealer, they thought this would work. Well I just got the part, and it looks alot stouter than the stock one by a long shot. Havent put it back together yet to see if it will work, but it looks like it should. I just bought this prowler and have only had it for 2 weeks and love it. Anyhow, any insight on putting the pulley assy and belt back on??
Thanks...
NEWBY
ps- I saw the tapped hole, how does that come into play when changing the belt?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey thanks for the help, I did find another discussion on here from a year ago that showed me just what I wanted to know. I also took some pics of the difference 'tween the 06 and 07&up secondaries today before I put it back on. Thanks again for the help.

Attachments

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts