Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hello everyone! I've been a member here for awhile but havent posted yet. My machine although runs great and all but it seems very long cranking to start. Even now in the summer months, I'm worried with winter coming and I will be needing this for plowing. Any good tips? Ive changed the plugs and all already.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
First off hello everyone! I've been a member here for awhile but havent posted yet. My machine although runs great and all but it seems very long cranking to start. Even now in the summer months, I'm worried with winter coming and I will be needing this for plowing. Any good tips? Ive changed the plugs and all already.
Welcome to the best prowler site,your problem is the same as the rest of the carb prowler owners,it's the nature of the beast,so far the best 2 fixes is put a choke cable on your primer lever on the side of your carb,or plug your vent tube on your carb.we even tried using a check valve so the fuel wouldn't siphon back into the tank,your fuel pump is vacuum operated.but even using the check valve there still wasn't much difference after 2 or 3 days of setting.There is fix NO.3 buy a mikuni TM-36mm pumper carb manual choke,a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$ but it will fire right up no matter how long it set's.:)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I've tried the check valve and it didn't help much but I seem to be having easier starting just by plugging the carb vent line. Give it a try it's a easy fix and your not out any money just stick an old bolt in the line that's what I did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well its been about a week now and even after sitting for a few days this really seems to help. Right now its sat for 3 days and I will give it a shot tomorrow after work. Thanks again everyone!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Well its been about a week now and even after sitting for a few days this really seems to help. Right now its sat for 3 days and I will give it a shot tomorrow after work. Thanks again everyone!
Plugging the line seemed to help mine more than anything, when I start it now I have it in neutral, give it about half pedal and it starts right up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Giving it a chance over the last week or so it seems that plugging the vent line doesnt help much. If I let it sit for over a day it takes quite a bit of cranking before it fires up.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Giving it a chance over the last week or so it seems that plugging the vent line doesnt help much. If I let it sit for over a day it takes quite a bit of cranking before it fires up.
A member on here just did the vent tube mod and it seemed to work very well.??????????????

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I plugged the vent line and started it up first try after sitting for several days. Might have just been a fluke. I need more time of testing.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Still seems to help mine, only thing I can think of is it stops the evaporation from the carb.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK so all that you have done was cut the return line and stick a bolt in it? Not the over flow off the bowl right?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
You shouldn't have to cut anything, it's the vent hose that comes off the carb and up behind the drivers seat.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
This is the one I did, not very good pics needed a little better light.
2013-09-24 21.33.32.jpg 2013-09-24 21.33.20.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Plugged this line Saturday and went on a ride......after 6 miles motor started cutting out and finally pulled over after another couple of miles. Took screw i used out of the line and it run great again. Just my 2 cents ...did not work for me.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Plugged this line Saturday and went on a ride......after 6 miles motor started cutting out and finally pulled over after another couple of miles. Took screw i used out of the line and it run great again. Just my 2 cents ...did not work for me.
Thanks for letting us know.............

1 - 20 of 36 Posts