Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good afternoon, glad to be here and maybe someone can give me some ideas,
I have my dash issues and I need to take it off, has anyone ever removed it before, even dealers don't seem to know and the manuals don't show, does it snap off or screw off, (my dash was reading VOLT) and gas guage, obdometer not reading, etc have checked most wiring, plugs ets and cannot seem to fix so I want to go behind and see, but do not know how to remove 2006 prowler 650 H1

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Welcome aboard.

On my XTZ 1000 it is very easy to remove. There are a series of torx head screws that need to be removed in the cockpit area and two phillips or 10mm screws under the hood. When you do get it loose keep in mind that the gauge cluster / speedo has a short harness and you may have to reach in and disconnect it by feel. You can goto Arctic Cat's website and at the bottom you will see EZ parts lookup. Here you will enter your model and you can see a blown up picture / micro fishe of your dash and the hardware. What model do you have?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Lying on the floorboard looking up under there are 6 torx t15 I belive 3 on either side of the steer column. The 2 lower screws on each side are easy to see and get at.
The 2 on the top are a little tricky but easily dooable.
I found them with my hand first then used the light to see them.

Easy 15min job to take out just the gauge cluster.

The cluster will slide up steering shaft all the way to the wheel then roll it upside down to see the harness retainer clip and remove then 2 10mm nuts hold the gauge to the bezel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts