Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a delaer in southeast Colorado and have a 2007 650 H1 motor that I am parting out. The unit had 1500 miles on it. This motor lost a crank and customer wanted a new motor so I have the old one tore down and ready to part out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How much for the cylinder head, camshaft, and valve cover with rocker arms??
Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am a delaer in southeast Colorado and have a 2007 650 H1 motor that I am parting out. The unit had 1500 miles on it. This motor lost a crank and customer wanted a new motor so I have the old one tore down and ready to part out.
Apparently I am not the only one that had crank trouble

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300 bucks will get you the head cam and valve cover with the rockers? I also have a 2010 with the same problem and this thing had 23 hours on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boarhunter what parts do you need? The only thing I have sold is the cylinder head on the 650 motor.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If mine blows it is a Rotak motor for me and an XTZ in my mirrors baby.
Thats what i'm talking about Seth. I would LOVE to be able to do that.:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats what i'm talking about Seth. I would LOVE to be able to do that.:cool:
Are you guys talking Can-Am 800? Are they faster really than a XTZ?

I was considering putting an R1 motor in mine, if you've ever seen a SxS with a large streetbike motor its badass...... IMO. The live axle setup or FNR box is the expensive part. I'd still convert mine if I could find a cheap alternative or box.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yea that can am 800 motor is badazz.:cool: And i hear its very reliable. Don't know if its that much faster, but its fast. And i've heard its easier to install into my 650 h1 than an a/c 1000 motor. From what i understand sandchris has the 650 rotax in his and it sounds like its pretty darn fast. I saw a youtube of a rhino with an r1 motor in it and that thing was ridiculous!:eek: Couldn't beleive how fast that thing was.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea that can am 800 motor is badazz.:cool: And i hear its very reliable. Don't know if its that much faster, but its fast. And i've heard its easier to install into my 650 h1 than an a/c 1000 motor. From what i understand sandchris has the 650 rotax in his and it sounds like its pretty darn fast. I saw a youtube of a rhino with an r1 motor in it and that thing was ridiculous!:eek: Couldn't beleive how fast that thing was.
Installing a 1000 into a 650 isn't worth the trouble now that XTZs are widely available in my opinion. Diff's are opposite and motors sit opposite too. I guess if you somehow scored a wrecked XTZ it'd be awesome. I'd sell mine to get a XTZ but momma says no way. The power to dollar ratio puts a streetbike motor on top until you factor in the chain drive setup. You also lose 4 wheel drive but with all the power (average stock R1= 115hp) and wheel speed I wouldn't need 4 wheel drive. I primarily run in the desert and dunes and love duning ....but a 650 just doesn't cut it with all the newer SxS's out there. Don't care to be the fastest Guy but its nice knowing you have more than enough power to go wherever you want to. I think the Can-Am would be cool, never seen one in action myself, but wonder what a realistic conversion price would be?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cylinder head, cam, and valve covers with the rocker arms was what I was looking for.
I sold the cylinder head already. I do have one for a 2010 550 that only has 23 hrs on it. They do have different part numbers for a 650 and a 550, so I do not think you could use the 550 one I have.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Installing a 1000 into a 650 isn't worth the trouble now that XTZs are widely available in my opinion. Diff's are opposite and motors sit opposite too. I guess if you somehow scored a wrecked XTZ it'd be awesome. I'd sell mine to get a XTZ but momma says no way. The power to dollar ratio puts a streetbike motor on top until you factor in the chain drive setup. You also lose 4 wheel drive but with all the power (average stock R1= 115hp) and wheel speed I wouldn't need 4 wheel drive. I primarily run in the desert and dunes and love duning ....but a 650 just doesn't cut it with all the newer SxS's out there. Don't care to be the fastest Guy but its nice knowing you have more than enough power to go wherever you want to. I think the Can-Am would be cool, never seen one in action myself, but wonder what a realistic conversion price would be?
Send sandchris a pm. IIRC he found a wrecked can am and got it for a pretty good price. Did the engine swap and parted out the rest of the can am that he didn't need. Then he only had about 1500.00 in the whole deal. If you got it, that would definately be worth it.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts