Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 650 H1 TRV and it is leaking fuel around the fuel level sensor on top of the tank. Does anyone know how to get the tank slid back far enough to lift out the sensor. I'm pretty sure it is leaking around the seal but there is a bar going across the sensor that prevents me from accessing 2 of the screws or lifting out the sensor. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have a 2007 650 H1 TRV and it is leaking fuel around the fuel level sensor on top of the tank. Does anyone know how to get the tank slid back far enough to lift out the sensor. I'm pretty sure it is leaking around the seal but there is a bar going across the sensor that prevents me from accessing 2 of the screws or lifting out the sensor. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
not real sure on your atv,but on the prowler its not hard to get to.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but I'm trying to get out of doing that because I'd like to keep the factory clamp on it. It's the squeeze on type that you need a special tool to put it on. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to take the solenoid off because the tank runs all the way from the back tires to where the tank would normally be and the solenoid is attached to it under the seat. Not sure what else is attached.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Seems to me that there was a post on how to disconnect the fuel line, without destroying clamp, and how to re-clamp it. Check search at the top of the page. I typed fuel line clamps, and the thread came up.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Seems to me that there was a post on how to disconnect the fuel line, without destroying clamp, and how to re-clamp it. Check search at the top of the page. I typed fuel line clamps, and the thread came up.
I think this might be the post you are talking about.
All you need to do is spray a little penetrating lube of your choice in and around the gas fitting, push the connector towards the pump fitting and then squeeze the center of the clip, Now wiggle the connector back and off the pump.
Here's a link to the thread.
http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/member-introductions/2727-help-locating-fuel-line-part.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info. Hopefully this will get me where I need to be without having to take anymore off than necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts