Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a used 2007 prowler h1 from a guy in anthem, i brougtht it home and changed the oil and diff gear oil and filters and air filter, i even bought a new belt but have not installed it yet, its not beat up or anything but i have ridden it around my neighborhood for about 15 minutes and the electric fan comes on is this normal? im just worried about overheating, the radatior is full and im thinking about changing it out with engine ice any opinions would be helpful, i have never had a side by side before and im not sure what im supposed to here or not,i also have 1 torn rear cv boot wheres a good place to buy parts locally or on the internet, i live off 35ave and union hills thanks you guys

·
Registered
271 Posts
yes riding that bike about 10 mins will kick the fan on. the H1 single cylinder bikes have a rather large bore, which makes a good bit of heat. most folks that run them out in the dry country put the fan on a switch or a relay so that when they cut the ignition on the fan kicks on. it keeps those big singles cool. dont be worried about the fan going out, my fan has run more than 2,000 hours and seen almost 20k miles. mine is on a switch, and i run it as long as the bike is cranked. the only time i cut it off is water crossings. dont be worried about it running hot, the fan does its job those bikes are liguid and oil cooled, and will run just fine for a long time. dont sweat it just enjoy it.

i order my boots from my local dealer, but you can get them off ebay for about $10 cheaper than thru the dealer. i think they retail at about $29.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
i just bought a used 2007 prowler h1 from a guy in anthem, i brougtht it home and changed the oil and diff gear oil and filters and air filter, i even bought a new belt but have not installed it yet, its not beat up or anything but i have ridden it around my neighborhood for about 15 minutes and the electric fan comes on is this normal? im just worried about overheating, the radatior is full and im thinking about changing it out with engine ice any opinions would be helpful, i have never had a side by side before and im not sure what im supposed to here or not,i also have 1 torn rear cv boot wheres a good place to buy parts locally or on the internet, i live off 35ave and union hills thanks you guys
My fan comes on at 192 degrees on my water temp read out and goes off at around 186 degrees. Yep it's normal.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks that gives me a piece of mind when im supposed to go out in it tomorrow morinig air temp at 104 haha dosent help

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Call up Chris at Eastern Arizona Arctic Cat (EAAC) he can send you the cv repair kit. I have been dealing with him for a while now and you wan't find a better person to deal with.

EAAC - 1-800-293-1586

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well my wife and i went ridding and we did about 45 mikes out by castle hot springs, we just messed around er did not go up the back way to ck though be the prowler did awesome there is a lot more water back there than i thought, well keep crusin out there, thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
well my wife and i went ridding and we did about 45 mikes out by castle hot springs, we just messed around er did not go up the back way to ck though be the prowler did awesome there is a lot more water back there than i thought, well keep crusin out there, thanks for the help
Cool

Glad you were able to have a nice ride even though it's so damn hot out. Did you get any photos you can share?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts