Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Prowler utility vehicle:

How does one remove the underhood storage box ?? The fan quit running and I would like to check the wiring, and whatever else. Are there diodes or relays firing the fan. The fuse is good.

I removed the hood, and I will reconfigure how it mounts with permanent bolts in the hinge and then clevis pin clips on the bottom of the bolts for quick removal. No more vise grips and socket. It would be easy to remove the hood if I didn't have a winch. If the hood had an indentation for the winch that would be great.

We found the oil filter tucked in behind the engine hiding from sight.

We found the oil drain plug by peaking through the skid plate.

I replaced the battery and had to remove a splash guard at rear tire and on and on. I hope it is in a more convenient place on future models....maybe it is.

Does the CD manual cover any of the above ?? Is there a printed manual ??

THANKS..............IT'S GREAT TO DRIVE

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
And Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ya, the Prowlers have some interesting design choices, but after you get used to them and compare it next to some other side by sides out there, you'll come to appreciate a lot of what AC engineers did. Download that service manual. I did, printed it out double sided and put it in a binder. It comes in really handy.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
2007 Prowler utility vehicle:

How does one remove the underhood storage box ?? The fan quit running and I would like to check the wiring, and whatever else. Are there diodes or relays firing the fan. The fuse is good.

I removed the hood, and I will reconfigure how it mounts with permanent bolts in the hinge and then clevis pin clips on the bottom of the bolts for quick removal. No more vise grips and socket. It would be easy to remove the hood if I didn't have a winch. If the hood had an indentation for the winch that would be great.

We found the oil filter tucked in behind the engine hiding from sight.

We found the oil drain plug by peaking through the skid plate.

I replaced the battery and had to remove a splash guard at rear tire and on and on. I hope it is in a more convenient place on future models....maybe it is.

Does the CD manual cover any of the above ?? Is there a printed manual ??

THANKS..............IT'S GREAT TO DRIVE
Welcome aboard,great site there is a diode in the fan wiring harness it will have tape wrapped around it its up around the radiator,there has been some problems with the diode going bad.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
OOOOPS ... read post and didn't say Howdy and a welcome to this site .... my bad !

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
To remove storage box, remove the screws securing it under the dash (removing the 4 dash screws in the doorway will help lift the dash and give you more access). Remove the two screws on the front of the storage box. Then there is a flap on the storage box that kinds of locks behind a metal support. Grab two long screwdrivers (or something else) and pry that flap forward until it clears the metal support while you lift up at the same time. Once that flap clears, the box will come right out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fan fixed
storeage box removed, and also removed windshield to accomplish this
oil and filter changed after removing skid plate
power washed it all
2100 hours

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Glad you got it done, Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the site!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts