Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Ford F-350 with a long bed and was surprised to find that the 06 cat we bought wont fit in the bed. Anyone done any mods to very slightly extend the bed and not affect towing a bumper pull trailer?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea except for that yearly trip to Ouray where we would have to pack up the trailer to get to the trail head. It's the one thing keeping me from the toy hauler option. Looking at the ultimate rack again. Last time for two full size quads. This time for the cat......sheesh.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Is it too wide?

My 08 prowler fits in my 03 CHEVY Duramax.
I cannot close the tailgate. But it does not ride on the tailgate at all. I have taken the tailgate off completely and put it in the truck with no problems.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Before I installed the 2 inch spacers on my 07 Prowler, it would fit into my 05 Dodge long bed with the tailgate down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm right where you are at Riddler. It fits in the bed no problems but just cant close the tailgate. This next hunting trip I think I will pull the gate off. Thinking about just a small piece of steel to extend the bed by about 6 inches. We will see.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Same thing as Riddler, I used to take the tailgate of my Duramax and then it would sit right at the end of the bed, the XTZ box would overhang the bumper, but I could still hook up to a bumper pull trailer fine...
But for some reason, now I can't fit it at all in, in fact, can't even fit it on a 6ft wide trailer hardly now...hmmm...must be those steroids and growth hormones I fed the kitty...:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look at the pic's in my photo album on this site! It may be an option for you!! I cannot post the pics in here as I have not made 15 post yet sorry!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it. A little expensive for me. I'm thinking of just extending the bed by a few inches. Wild how that raises the front end up in the air like that! I take it that is for short beds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got it. A little expensive for me. I'm thinking of just extending the bed by a few inches. Wild how that raises the front end up in the air like that! I take it that is for short beds.
Yes sir it's for a short box allright but I am sure it could be applied to a long box application!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2007 CHEVY with a full 8 ft. box....2008 Prowler fits right in the back,with a box-liner, like it was made for it !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some places sell a set of ramps for the front of the bed. The front tyres set in a tray that mounts horizontaly across the foreward top of the box. Often these are used to set the front wheels above a Jockey Tank or aux. fuel tank. The Ramps are quite short and enable the tailgate to close. They appear simple to build, but don't work for me. I have an 07 350 shortbox with a fuel tank and a checker plate tool box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts