Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my 2008 Prowler 650 was running great and just like that, PUFF, the next day I look like a 2 stroke running down the forest road! So do the rings just give up on these things or what? I go through a quart of oil about every 30 miles!
Whats the best way to rebuild? Piston and Rings kit or is there more involved. I've done many a 2 stroke rebuild but never done a 4 stroke. Thanks in advance if you can point me in the right direction!!!

I plan to get her running like it should and trade her off on the new 2015 body style, maybe the 1000!
IF ANYONE WANTS IT LIKE IT IS LET ME KNOW! MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER!!! ORDERING PARTS SOON SO..........
The body is in great condition, no cracks in the plastics. Tires are original with about 2000 miles on it so getting down there. New brake pads. Never used it much on the trails, occasional forest road cruise. Mostly used for lawn care and ranch work. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So my Prowler was running great and just like that, PUFF, the next day I look like a 2 stroke running down the forest road! So do the rings just give up on these things or what? I go through a quart of oil about every 30 miles!
Whats the best way to rebuild? Piston and Rings kit or is there more involved. I've done many a 2 stroke rebuild but never done a 4 stroke. Thanks in advance if you can point me in the right direction!!!

I plan to get her running like it should and trade her off on the new 2015 body style, maybe the 1000!
IF ANYONE WANTS IT LIKE IT IS LET ME KNOW! MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER!!! ORDERING PARTS SOON SO..........
The body is in great condition, no cracks in the plastics. Tires are original with about 2000 miles on it so getting down there. New brake pads. Never used it much on the trails, occasional forest road cruise. Mostly used for lawn care and ranch work. PM me if interested.
Are you in Sydney Australia, Madagascar, Salt Lake City, UT.............. if someone would want to make a reasonable offer, your location would be important.:)

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Possible to re-ring, but if it happened that suddenly I think you may have broke a ring, and the cylinder is more than likely scored. It would need to be re-chromed. They are not bad to work on, pretty simple really. Used parts are available, and I saw a 700 cylinder available today for 120.00, it looked in decent shape.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you in Sydney Australia, Madagascar, Salt Lake City, UT.............. if someone would want to make a reasonable offer, your location would be important.:)
Yes sir! Thought of that right after I posted it! Washburn Wisconsin

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Whats involved in making it a 700? Cylinder, piston and rings? All the other parts on top will match up? I'm all for that!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes sir! Thought of that right after I posted it! Washburn Wisconsin
Wow! I was up in Bayfield last Wednesday.
you may want to post some details about the Prowler? We dont even know what year it is.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! I was up in Bayfield last Wednesday.
you may want to post some details about the Prowler? We dont even know what year it is.
2008 650 Bayfield! Why Bayfield?

·
Registered
162 Posts
2008 650 Bayfield! Why Bayfield?
Helping a family friend just outside of Cable and another friend from Minnesota was visiting the ice caves. We met at Maggies and had lunch.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Helping a family friend just outside of Cable and another friend from Minnesota was visiting the ice caves. We met at Maggies and had lunch.
Caves just opened yesterday! We have rental cabins at Valhalla (Pub n Grub) right on the way, half the distance between Corni and Washburn. Snow country and big time atv/utv action in the summer months.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Caves just opened yesterday! We have rental cabins at Valhalla (Pub n Grub) right on the way, half the distance between Corni and Washburn. Snow country and big time atv/utv action in the summer months.
He works for the government and I think he has something to do with opening the caves??

is this you?
Untitled Page

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
We enjoyed the caves on the Michigan side last year, finally closed them after people started getting hurt! I think they formed again this year.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Whats involved in making it a 700? Cylinder, piston and rings? All the other parts on top will match up? I'm all for that!
on your 2008 650 you can use a 700 cylinder and piston,and your 650 head and cam.........on my 2006 650 i cant do that the 700 cylinder wont fit in the case without machine work............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts