Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I can not get my Prowler 650 to even try to start. It had gotten to where you had to cross the terminals on the solenoid to get it to turn over but then once it started it wouldn't turn off. I had to disconnect the wires to cut it off. Now it does nothing. I replaced the starter switch, solenoid and CDI box and still nothing will not even try to turn over. What's left to replace?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Did you check the Relays or Fuses?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the fuses in the fuse box but don't know how you would check the other things in the box as they are just black square plug in. The thing I forgot to mention was the last time it tried to start I had to cross the solenoid and it started but then the switch wouldn't cut it off and the starter kept on trying to start it while it was running. I had to disconnect the leads on the solenoid to cut the engine off. After that nothing.
Did you check the Relays or Fuses?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The Square Black things are Relays. They can go bad. I'm sure the Starter is on a relay. Try swapping relays and see if that works.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Start at the Battery with a Multi Meter and start Tracing. Sounds like a Bad connection or Battery? I'm out of ideas, maybe RD or someone else can help you more. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , I can not get my Prowler 650 to even try to start. It had gotten to where you had to cross the terminals on the solenoid to get it to turn over but then once it started it wouldn't turn off. I had to disconnect the wires to cut it off. Now it does nothing. I replaced the starter switch, solenoid and CDI box and still nothing will not even try to turn over. What's left to replace?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts