Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to delete the rear brake to see if it helps with the chatter i was wonder is anyone new the size of the brake line banjo bolt that goes into the master cylinder. I want to put a plug there.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also would like to know the oil capacity i changes the oil a few weeks ago and it only took a quart and half is this normal>?

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Anywhere from 2 - 2.3 quarts. After an oil change I let it idle for 5 minutes or so, then I recheck it. I use all synthetics on mine. As long as the oil is for wet clutch use you are golden!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I also would like to know the oil capacity i changes the oil a few weeks ago and it only took a quart and half is this normal>?
Oil capacity seems to be very misleading from the info we get, the service manual says 2.6 quarts but the oil change kits from Arctic Cat only contain 2 quarts. It takes 2 quarts to fill mine and according to the service manual the dipstick should be screwed in when checking oil level.

If you don't have a service manual you can download a free pdf version here: Technical Information - Prowler - Prowler Service Manuals 2006-2014 models

As for the brake info, Mike (De3) may be able to help you out with that but he's having login problems right now.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I want to delete the rear brake to see if it helps with the chatter i was wonder is anyone new the size of the brake line banjo bolt that goes into the master cylinder. I want to put a plug there.

Thanks

You will have way less chatter without the driveline brake...but what will you do for rear brakes........

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
I was wondering how the machine would drive without the F/R brake balance? Would it try and swap ends? BTW Welcome back de3!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't done it yet i wanna try it out i don't run mine hard. I live 1 mile from the beach which is all flat land. as of now I hardly use any brake due to chatter. It's an old wore out machine no need to pour a ton of money in. Some one gave it to me and i got it running good, it sat rusting away for 4 years. I've ran a three wheeler with out a rear brake for years without rear brakes and I'm still alive haha so i don't think it should be a problem.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I haven't done it yet i wanna try it out i don't run mine hard. I live 1 mile from the beach which is all flat land. as of now I hardly use any brake due to chatter. It's an old wore out machine no need to pour a ton of money in. Some one gave it to me and i got it running good, it sat rusting away for 4 years. I've ran a three wheeler with out a rear brake for years without rear brakes and I'm still alive haha so i don't think it should be a problem.

Thats sad someone just let it sit,if thats all you're going to do with it just running front brakes would be fine,but keep in mind when going down hills your 3-wheeler weighed 300 to 400 lbs,your prowler weighs over 1000#

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just in bridgeport for work, i never seen what ya'll call hills which is mountains to me haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I work in the oil field for Fesco Ltd. as a chemist had to go do some work in a lab up there. I flew into Clarksburg Airport, haircare and tire center.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live along the gulf coast of Corpus Christi Texas so the wife and go and cruise along the beach searching for fish.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I live along the gulf coast of Corpus Christi Texas so the wife and go and cruise along the beach searching for fish.
I have a cabin off RT 50 LOL Lots of water truck traffic.....

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
We go all around on stuff! I'll try and find the banjo bolt threads! We are lost, but we are making damn good time! LOL

Reactions: de3

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Looked up the parts diagram, and from what I'm seeing you can try this. Prowlers use a double Banjo fitting at the master cylinder, and a single banjo fitting at the caliper. Replace the double fitting with the single. cover both ends of the line now disconnected. No new parts should be needed! Us backyard idiots are dangerous! Let us know if it works!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts