Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust pipe is leaking and needs replacement. When checking for parts, the question comes up, is this a TRV or FIS prowler? The exhaust pipes seem to be different for those two designations. I don't know their meaning and like to know what I need to order. Any suggestions also where I could get the best prices? The heat shields seem to be very flimsy.
Your help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
125 Posts
My exhaust pipe is leaking and needs replacement. When checking for parts, the question comes up, is this a TRV or FIS prowler? The exhaust pipes seem to be different for those two designations. I don't know their meaning and like to know what I need to order. Any suggestions also where I could get the best prices? The heat shields seem to be very flimsy.
Your help would be appreciated!
Prowler - Arctic Cat - OEM Parts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Good luck buying a new header pipe, I tried last year and they are no longer making them. I had a shop try to fix mine but they didn't do a very good job. I finally found a used one on ebay. Check with Mike (de3) he had one off his '06 Prowler.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
:eek:Oops, forget what I just said! I think your '08 has a different pipe than the '06 & '07 Prowler 650's

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Looked at part numbers for the pipe. 2008 650 uses the same pipe as the 700's. 2008-2013 all use the same pipe 0512-427, saw used ones on Powersportsnation.com, but in your situation I'd go new! Good to hear from you again Manfred!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your help! Ordered the parts from Babbits. Cheers also to Fairmont, who so much helped me in the past! For someone who lives by choice in the Baja and uses the Cat every day to go and swim, you are a wonderful forum. Manfred

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Glad you stayed connected! Always great to hear from you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts