Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best belt out there i want to get a replace sometime soon.. I use my prowler for plowing working around the yard and hunting, so it has to take alot of abuse, Also is there any springs that i can change out to give it a little more on the bottom end. Looking for color and wieght of springs

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Stock Arctic Cat belt works the best. After market belts have proven to cause problems for many of the forum members.

As far as the springs go send a pm to //Airdam and he can advise you on this. You may just need to change your roller weights to something lighter.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent a massage to Airdam and he wont reply. So just go with a factory AC belt.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Factory Prowler Belt.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I believe the consensus on the forum is to use the factory belt.
Yep, The Gates belt I tried worked good but was slowing me down because of the difference in size. (Its wider)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I think your machine is just slow Joe, not the belt. LOL!
No Im slow not the Prowler, Its is quicker now with the Arctic Cat Belt and I have my top end back! Watch out here I come!

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks i will by a cat belt then

·
Registered
271 Posts
i apologize for the absense sir.

stock belt, nothing less. what year model XTX do you have? if it is an 09+ you have a good set of rollers in it. some clutch work, and a set of stall springs will give you tons more low end. the primary machining is all i would do if all you want is more low end. it will give you nearly 20% lower start-off gear ratio. the higher stall springs give a more aggressive and firm launch if you want it to hit harder off the line. if you like the smooth stock engagement, and do not want a firmer engagement the stall springs may not be your cup of tea. the stock secondary spring in the XTX is junk if it is the white spring. you can pull the belt housing off and see the spring in the secondary. if it is white then you need a new one BAD! i have the stock secondary springs just let me know if you need one. again i apologize for my absense it is hard for me to be on the forum every day. please direct your questions to me directly at my email

your belt part number is: 0823-013

if you have a pre 09 model then you also may consider buying these clutch rollers. they are the shizz in the XTX part number: 0823-164

[email protected]

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 09 xtx I dont know what color my secondary spring is but i will look this week end and get back to you. I like a nice easy take off I dont go for speed i push snow and hunt with it. what color of spring should i change to and what am i looking at for a price

·
Banned
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 09 xtx I dont know what color my secondary spring is but i will look this week end and get back to you. I like a nice easy take off I dont go for speed i push snow and hunt with it. what color of spring should i change to and what am i looking at for a price

1 - 15 of 15 Posts